Don’t know if you want an all-foam or hybrid mattress, but you want a fresh, natural night’s sleep?
This is where our Avocado vs. PlushBeds comparison guide comes in. There are numerous certificates to back up the claims of both firms that they use only organic and safe materials.
Quick Comparison: Avocado vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
- A bed that’s good for the environment.
- Innerspring-like comfort and support.
- A little oomph.
- The temperature should be kept at a comfortable level.
What do you need to do to get started, then? Each mattress’ construction will be broken down, and we’ll tell you which sleepers will be most at ease on each one so that you can make an informed decision. In addition, we’ll provide you a quick review of the most important aspects of each brand, as well.
This link will take you to in-depth reviews of both mattresses.
Main Differences between Plushbeds vs Avocado Mattress
The key distinctions between Plushbeds and Avocado mattresses are as follows: –
- Plushbeds, on the other hand, focuses on traditional organic latex mattresses.
- Plushbeds only gives customers 100 nights to test out their mattresses, whereas Avocado gives customers a whole year.
- Compared to Plushbeds, Avocado provides better edge support.
- Compared to Plushbeds, Avocado mattresses are often less expensive.
- Avocado sells just regular mattress sizes, while Plushbeds offers both split and normal mattress options.
To begin, here are some things to keep in mind prior to making a mattress purchase. Tips to help you find a mattress that provides at least seven hours of healthy sleep are included in our comparison post.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Mattress
Buying a mattress can be compared to purchasing a vehicle or a house in certain respects.
When it comes to mattresses, we all have distinct preferences, which implies that the criteria we use to evaluate them are also unique. Another thing to consider is how our sleeping habits alter as we get older. For someone who needs strong back support, the mattress that embraced our body when we were just starting out in the workforce is no longer the best option.
Until one day, you woke up and realized that you were sleeping on your back instead on your side. Every mattress buyer should keep these five things in mind while deciding on a new mattress.
It’s up to you how you prioritize the factors.
“What’s good for the goose, isn’t good for the gander” is a common saying. Well, when it comes to mattress comfort, what works for one person may not work for another in the same bedding customer service queue. Bounce, temperature, edge support and motion transfer all contribute to a mattress’s overall comfort. But the hardness level sets the cozy tone of a mattress (e.g. firm mattress, medium-firm, etc).
A mattress’s firmness level can range from soft to extremely firm. Firmness scales from 1-10 help customers discover the perfect mattress. Mattress makers do not use a scale to measure comfort. A color-coded chart indicating different concepts of comfort is instead provided by mattress manufacturers.
The comfort layer and support are the two most significant aspects of a mattress to consider when making a purchase.
Temperature is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a mattress. During sleep, your body temperature fluctuates a bit. In most cases, the body temperature of the majority of sleepers is maintained at a normal level throughout the shift from light sleep to REM sleep. When the body heats up, a mattress that traps the heat might make it difficult to sleep.
Memory foam (mattress made of memory foam) is infused with cooling gels by mattress makers to help “heated” sleepers stay more comfortable in their beds. While many of us prefer to sleep colder as we get older, this isn’t the only thing that changes. A fourth layer is inserted between the top and middle layers of a mattress to help older people sleep more comfortably.
When shopping for a mattress, size isn’t the most significant consideration, but it should be. Size is determined by the breadth of the mattress, with twin and full mattresses being able to fit a single individual. Typically, couples begin the mattress-buying process by looking at queen, king, and California king-sized mattresses.
Having a twin or full-size mattress can be adequate for you if you sleep alone and you move about a lot during the night.
Even if you sleep alone, we recommend a Queen-sized mattress for adults. A queen, king, or California king mattress gives enough area for both of you, so you don’t have to spend money on a second mattress.
How Do You Sleep?
What we aren’t asking is, “How well did you sleep the night before?” We want to know what position you prefer to begin your night’s sleep in. The word “start” is key.
While most of us sleep in one of the three major positions: side, back, or stomach, many of the changes we make during the night are subtle and occur while we are in one of these positions. As an example, you could begin by lying on your back with your arms at your sides. You find yourself with your arms crossed on your chest eight hours later. Side sleepers can benefit from softer mattresses with robust edge support. Firmer mattresses are preferred by back sleepers.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
When it’s time to ship, this steel-and-latex combination will be squeezed into a box.
GOTS certified organic cotton and GOTS certified organic wool are used to make the cover of this 11-inch mattress. To avoid the use of adhesives, wool rosettes are utilized to make button tufted designs.
The bed can be raised by 2 inches with the purchase of an additional Euro top.
- The Dunlop approved GOLS 2-inch tall latex on the top layer is designed to keep you cooler while you sleep because of its aerated nature.
- Layer two contains 8-inch-tall steel coils for the third and final layer. Shoulders, knees, and hips can all benefit from its coil system’s three distinct zones of support and pressure alleviation.
- To ensure the higher materials have a stable foundation, a 1-inch Dunlop latex layer is applied first.
- Reinforced coils around the perimeter keep the sleeper from fearing they’ll fall off the edge of the mattress.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
Shipping this latex mattress in a box is a simple process.
New Zealand wool is sandwiched between the organic circular-knit cotton cover and the lining. Three alternative heights are available: 9, 10, and 12 inches. The 10-inch model will be the focus of our attention.
- The first layer of Talalay Latex, a substance designed to mold to the body and alleviate pressure, is three inches thick. In addition to the fast responsiveness and bounce, the soft quality is ideal for sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders.
- A dunlop Arpico latex second layer completes the construction. This material should provide a higher level of solid support. An unzipped mattress cover can be placed on top or bottom of a bed to generate different levels of firmness or softness.
- Arpico latex is used as the final layer of the base layer. Ideally, this material will serve as a foundation for the mattress as a whole.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
You can see how each brand ranks on our comfort scale, which should help you decide which one is best for you. One should be as light as air and ten should be as hard as concrete.
In terms of medium-firmness, the Avocado mattress comes in at a 7 out of 10. Using PlushBeds, the firmer option is rated at 7.5-8, while the medium option is rated at 5.
Shoppers looking for a medium-comfort alternative might consider either of these products. The PlushBed is a good choice for those who prefer a more firm mattress.
Each mattress should first feel comparable to one another as temperature-regulating wool and organic cotton cradle you. As a result, the Avocado’s coils should provide bounce and enhanced zonal support by giving pushback.
Larger models of PlushBed can be split, allowing for a variety of comfort levels for co-sleepers.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both mattresses should not allow for too much sinkage, and customers should feel as if they are in a soft cradle while they sleep. Most all-foam mattresses have low degrees of bounce, however PlushBeds’ latex mattresses have substantial levels of bounce compared to other mattresses.
There should be more bounce on a hybrid mattress than in an all-foam mattress because the coils provide a greater amount of spring than latex.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Compared to the average hybrid and innersprings, this hybrid should allow less motion transfer than other goods of the same type because of its reduced bounce levels. Similarly, a latex mattress may convey more motion than an all-foam mattress due of its strong bounce.
The PlushBed, on the other hand, may be the ideal option for those trying to maximum energy isolation because all-foam versions tend to beat hybrids in this area overall.
Comparing Edge Support
In order to maintain the Avocado mattress’s compression feeling consistent, reinforced coils around the mattress’s edges are needed.
The latex PlushBed may experience more compression when a person is lying on the edge of the mattress and more compression when a person is seated. Avocado’s strengthened edge coils may be the best option for couples who want to spread out a bit and need firm edge support.
Avocado vs. PlushBeds Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Height||11”||9”, 10”, 12”|
|Cover||New Zealand wool, organic cotton||New Zealand wool, organic circular-knit cotton|
|Materials||Steel coils, Dunlop latex||Organic Arpico latex|
|Cooling||Wool, individually pocketed coils||Wool, breathable cover|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||25 years||25 years|
|Trial Period||365 nights||100 nights|
|Certifications||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS, GREENGUARD Gold, and eco-INSTITUT® certified, GOLS certified, Made Safe||GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, eco-INSTITUT, GOTS, GOLS, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships free in the United States, optional In-Home Delivery service is available for additional fee||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Avocado Price (w/o discount)||PlushBeds Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$3,698|
Should I Buy Avocado or PlushBeds?
Is it hybrid or all-foam? Hybrid or all-foamed? If you’re still on the fence about these mattresses, have a look at our list of suggested sleepers and see where you fit in.
We Would Recommend Buying Avocado if You are Looking for:
- A hybrid experience. When the coils are triggered, the feel of a traditional latex mattress will change to a more sturdy one. In order to enhance the useful sleeping surface, reinforced edges can be used
- Zoned support. The coil system has three comfort zones to ensure that the shoulders, hips, and knees are properly supported and relieved of pressure.
- Made Safe certifications. Multiple certifications guarantee that this is a product with low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and additive levels that are safe or non-existent, respectively. Latex is certified organic, as are the cover’s cotton and wool interior. The Made Safe designation is reserved for products that are free of harmful chemicals.
We Would Recommend Buying PlushBeds if You are Looking for:
- A classic latex experience. This springy latex bed should be perfect for anyone searching for pressure relief with plenty of bounce.
- Double-sided comfort. Customers can choose between a medium or firm comfort level by flipping the layers inside this mattress. Split models are available for queen and greater sizes, allowing couples to customize their own unique looks and feelings.
- Organic certifications. There are numerous certifications on this product certifying that the components inside are safe and organic.
Both brands cater to buyers looking for clean, natural materials and a medium level of comfort. Avocado promises zoned comfort and increased edge support, as well as the typical hybrid bounce, in a single package. Individuals looking for dual-sided comfort and increased pressure alleviation can choose PlushBeds.
For additional in-depth information on each bed, make sure to check out our individual in-depth reviews. If you’re looking for more options, have a look at our list of the best mattresses.