In this Nectar vs. Helix Mattress comparison, we compare the marketing approaches of two different companies. When it comes to mattresses, one of these companies offers 15 options, but the other thinks their one option is plenty.
Using a quiz, Helix Sleep helps their customers select the best hybrid mattress for them from a wide range of excellent options. Customer preferences and body type are taken into consideration in the questionnaire, which narrows down the possibilities available.
There is a strong online following for Nectar’s upgraded memory foam construction It has since become one of the most well-known brands in the industry of bed-in-a-box. If you’re looking for a custom-made bed, you may want to look elsewhere.
Check out the detailed product reviews if you’re interested in learning more about either of these items.
- Responsiveness: In terms of keeping up with your motions, both the Helix and Nectar mattresses are excellent.
- Firmness Level: In this comparison, all of the mattresses are medium to medium firm, which is excellent for the average sleeper.
- Construction: The Helix Midnight and Midnight Luxe are hybrid mattresses with coil support layers, while the Nectar and Nectar Lush are memory foam mattresses.
- Temperature: In comparison to Nectar mattresses, the Helix mattress sleeps cooler because of its breathable coil layers and temperature-regulating cover.
- Warranty: Only original owners of Nectar mattresses are entitled to a warranty against faults. This is referred to as a lifetime warranty. Between 10 and 15 years are included in the Helix mattress’s warranties. To learn more about the Nectar Mattress warranty, please read our article.
- Sleep Trial: In comparison to Nectar’s extensive 365-day trial period, Helix only provides you 100 nights to try out your new mattress.
Helix Midnight Review Highlights
- Popular Choice: Sleeping in any position and with every body shape is a breeze with the Helix Midnight mattress. Cushioning and pressure relief for side and stomach sleepers are provided by the foam layers and support for back sleepers by coil layers.
- Motion Transfer: Motion transmission was virtually excellent for the Midnight. They couldn’t see if someone else was going on or off the mattress when they were completely blinded. For couples, especially those who are light sleepers, this is a must-have feature.
- Breathable: Helix Midnight received a high rating for breathability and cooling because the mattress cover and coil layer let warm air to escape, preventing your sleep from being disrupted by body heat collecting underneath you.
- Edge Support: Stretching out on your bed is something that many people enjoy doing. This is great news for anyone looking for good edge support, because the Midnight has a lot of it. Our reviewers said that they had no trouble sitting or resting comfortably towards the edge of the bed while the product was being evaluated.
Nectar Original Review Highlights
- Pressure Relief: Nectar Original is a great choice for side sleepers and those with joint problems because it has a high rating for pressure relief.
- Motion Transfer: There are blindfolds and red wine in our motion transfer test, but it’s not as scary as you may expect! Testers who were blindfolded were barely aware of movement next to them and a glass of red wine held steady when the mattress was moved.
- Edge Support: A near-perfect rating for edge support was given to this mattress by our reviewers. The Nectar is a great mattress for those who want to sleep on their backs or on their sides.
- Responsiveness: The Nectar Original keeps up with your nighttime tossing and turning. You won’t get caught in the mattress since the mattress’s unique memory foam layers don’t retain impressions like ordinary memory foam.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
A vacuum-sealed Nectar mattress is delivered to your home by a delivery company. Gel memory foam is encased in a poly-blend fabric cover.
Because of the open weave, air can freely flow through the fabric, allowing heat and moisture to be wicked away from your body while you sleep. The 12 inches of foam beneath this cover are well protected by this cover.
- Memory foam fills the top three inches of the mattress. The gel in this material dissipates the heat away from your figure as your body heats up the bed. This material is breathable and molds to your body, relieving aches and pains.
- Traditional foam is used in the centre. Transitioning into the thicker foundation of the bed is made easier by this layer’s 2-inch thickness.
- In order to offer a sturdy foundation, the bottom layer is 7 inches tall and built of regular common foam material.
The Helix Dusk, the most adaptable model in the Helix line, will be the focus of this study due to the wide variety of configurations available. An alternative to latex and a coil support system are used in this mattress’ design. Customers receive it compressed in a box when it is delivered to their houses.
Featuring a Two Touch Design cover with a double layered construction, this bed looks and feels great. Jersey knit with a built-in fire barrier covers the bottom and is paired with a polyester top cover for a luxuriously plush feel.
This mattress is 12 inches high and has four layers of padding below the cover..
Helix Dynamic Foam, measuring two inches thick, covers the topmost layer. This substance is similar to latex, but it has been infused with conforming polyfoam in order to alleviate pain and discomfort.
The following layer is a 1-inch thick High-Grade Polyfoam. Additional pressure can be alleviated by using a material like this.
Eight-inch-thick perimeter coils are wrapped and reinforced in the third layer. With this design, motion transfer is minimized while the sleeper is supported.
A 1-inch DurDense Foam is used as the last layer. This protects the mattress and provides support for the coils that are situated above it.
Helix mattresses may have somewhat different materials and layering depending on the model customers choose, so it may be necessary to look at the mattress you are interested in.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Nectar has a hardness rating of 6.5 out of 10 on our scale, with 10 being the firmest. For its part, the Helix Dusk has a score of 6, but several versions of this bed might have values ranging from 2 to 9.
For a wide range of body shapes and sleeping positions, Nectar’s firmness is ideal. Those who want to sleep soundly can do so on materials that mimic the feel of a warm embrace. As this is an all-foam mattress, there is little to no bounce, but it is firm enough to allow for easy repositioning of sleepers.
The Helix mattress provides a responsive experience that gently cradles the curves of its sleepers. In terms of migrating sleepers, this is the easier of the two possibilities, as these models may be made with latex-like materials and all models use springs. Nectar’s memory foam is initially stiff under pressure and can provide sleepers with a good surface to push off, so it’s still a viable option.
Both brands are suitable for a wide range of body types and weights, however Helix may be a better alternative for those who are much heavier, as they have a mattress designed expressly for those who are larger in stature.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Each of these goods will have a different level of bounce. There should be no bounce in nectar yet it provides a pleasant pressure-relieving hug for sleepers. Despite the fact that this bed’s surface is sluggish to respond, it is pretty easy to readjust on.
As a result of its spring-based construction, the Helix Dusk provides a more comfortable sleep environment for clients than the Nectar. However, with the memory-material variants, you might expect less responsiveness on top. However, clients should expect varying levels of sinkage and bounce depending on the model they choose.
Comparing Motion Transfer
A cheap hotel room where you can hear and feel your partner’s every twitch is an excellent example of motion isolation, or the lack thereof. Fortunately, most mattress manufacturers have come up with a remedy to this irritating issue.
As the memory cells are engineered to absorb motion, they prevent it from ever crossing the surface, making Nectar an ideal choice for reducing motion transfer. However, while Helix does include coils, they are not like those of previous generations. To keep motion anchored to a certain location, these coils are pocketed and kept apart from one another.
Both mattresses are excellent, although Nectar may have a tiny advantage in terms of motion transfer.
Comparing Edge Support
If you’re sharing a bed, edge support is a useful feature to keep in mind. More space for you and your companion to sleep is provided by a mattress with sturdy edges that maximize the mattress’ surface area. Weaknesses in the perimeter might lead to a lack of support and comfort for those on the outside.
Helix is the clear winner in this area because to its reinforced perimeter coil system.
When it comes to all-foam mattresses, Nectar doesn’t lag far behind. Sitting along the side of the Nectar may cause a little more compression, but none of these mattresses is unsupportive while resting on their edges.
Nectar vs. Helix Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted with memory foam||Polyester and Jersey knit, two covers|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Dynamic Foam or memory foam plus, micro coils, high-grade polyfoam|
|Cooling||Gel within the foams, and a breathable cover||An optional cover has phase change material. Foams and coils designed for breathability.|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradling/Deeper Hug*|
|Trial Period||365 nights||100 Nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Delivered within USA and Canada|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Helix Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or Helix?
Both beds are functional, despite their wildly different designs. So, here are a few more considerations to assist you choose the right bed for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- All memory foam. Those who purchase this brand’s memory foam will have a comfortable night’s sleep because to its hugging properties.
- Top tier motion isolation. For those who want a peaceful night’s sleep when their companion is getting up for the bathroom, this design is for you.
- A terrific value. Other brands will have a difficult time undercutting the price of this product. The 365-day trial period and the Everlong Warranty are just two more ways they go above and beyond.
We Would Recommend Buying Helix if You are Looking for:
- A tailored fit. Customers can use Helix’s sleep quiz to choose the mattress that best suits their needs. During the trial period, sleepers have the opportunity to try another product if the first doesn’t work.
- Reinforced Edges. It’s not fun to sleep on the side of the bed, especially if the edges are flimsy and unstable. With its reinforced perimeter, the sides of this bed are just as supportive as the center.
- Cooling. To keep the bed cool, the foams are placed between the coil layers, which circulate air. With an Ultra Breathable Cover, Luxe can keep you cooler.