Is your heart torn between the Zenhaven and the Sparrow?
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve put up this comparison guide that breaks down the most important aspects of each bed, as well as our thoughts on who we think they’re best for. The Signature Hybrid or the Zenhaven mattress are two of the most popular options.
If you’re looking for a long-lasting luxury experience at an inexpensive price, check out Nest Bedding’s Hybrid option and Saatva’s latex bed built for sleepers who think a good night’s rest shouldn’t break the bank.
If you’d like to learn more about any of the products in our comparison, please visit their respective reviews:
Quick Comparison: Sparrow and Zenhaven
- Additional cooling capabilities.
- Exhilarating smothering sensation.
- Foam and coils of the highest quality.
- Retains less heat.
- Dual sturdiness.
- Mattresses that are hypoallergenic.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This mattress is a combination of foam and coils, and it comes in a box.
To keep you cool while you sleep, this 12-inch mattress is covered in Thermic Phase Change fabric and includes a 1-inch layer of Gel-Infused Memory Foam quilted into it.
- A 3-inch thick EnergexTM Temperature Responsive Foam forms the top layer. You should be able to change positions with ease thanks to its cutting-edge material.
- A 1-inch SmartFlow Support Foam fills up the second layer. Between the comfort layers and the support coils, this material serves as a supportive buffer.
- Six-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils make up the mattress’ inner spring layer. In order to maintain the entire mattress feeling supported, the outer row of coils should be placed closer to the edge of the mattress.
- A 1-inch layer of supportive foam is added to the bottom of the mattress.
If you’re looking for a latex mattress that can be shipped in a box, go no further than this one. Customers may expect their Zenhaven beds to be uncompressed when they arrive.
Wool is quilted into this 10-inch mattress’s cotton cover to help regulate temperature and wick away moisture. If you flip the mattress, you’ll get a Luxury Plush feel instead of a Gentle Firm one.
- A 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer adorns the top layer. There are five zones in this section, each designed to provide different levels of firmness and softness for different body parts, such as the head, foot, shoulders, and hips.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer completes the second layer. To maintain a neutral spine and allow for easy repositioning, this Talalay material should provide both support and bounce.
- 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer is the third layer of the mattress. Softer comfort should be provided when this mattress is converted to its Luxury Plush option using this material.
- 1.5 inches of Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer are contained within the base layer. These materials, when used in combination as the topmost layer, should provide a more luxurious resting environment for those who want a softer level of support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
According to our hardness rating, which goes from 1 for exceedingly soft to 10 for incredibly firm, the Sparrow is a 5.5 out of 10. On the same scale, the Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm side is rated a 7.
Both items, however, provide a variety of options. In terms of firmness, the Signature Hybrid has a Plush option that ranks 2.5 and a Firm option that ranks 8. To achieve a 4.5 comfort rating, the Zenhaven can be converted into a Luxury Plush configuration.
In the upper tiers, Sparrow should be able to respond more slowly. You’ll notice a faster responsiveness when the springs are activated. A quick response from Zenhaven’s mattress should also make both items viable solutions for those who sleep in different positions.
Aside from personal preference, there are certain considerations to consider while making a purchase. It is likely that side sleepers will prefer the Sparrow or Zenhaven Plush, while stomach sleepers may prefer the Firm. For back sleepers, there is a wide selection of comfort options to choose from.
A closer look at customised comfort reveals that each component has capabilities that should help your bed adapt to you. Individually-pocketed coils provide adaptive support and pressure relief, while latex provides bounce and springiness.
To help alleviate pressure on the shoulders and hips while sleeping, Zenhaven features five zones of support. A healthy spinal alignment should be achieved by doing this.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Allows you to burrow into the comfort fabrics in a deep hug. With a dual-sided latex mattress, you may choose the level of sinkage you prefer between the Luxury Plush side and the Gentle Firm side.
Either mattress should provide pressure alleviation through body-contouring. The Hybrid has individually pocketed coils that move with you, while Zenhaven has zoned latex. Both are designed to provide adjustable support.
In order to maximize bounce, the lower coil system of the Sparrow should be thick and absorb movement. There may be less bounce on the Luxury Plush side than there is on the Gentle Firm side.
Comparing Motion Transfer
More energy is absorbed by memory materials than by latex, which is generally more elastic. As a result, the Signature uses coils that are coiled and individually pocketed to reduce movement transfer.
Due to the bouncy nature of latex, the Zenhaven mattress may allow a little more motion transfer than the Hybrid mattress. As a result, the Signature ranks a bit higher in this category.
That being stated, both beds should be able to provide enough motion control for the majority of consumers because motion control might be an issue when purchasing a mattress.
Comparing Edge Support
A lack of edge support may not necessarily be an issue when it comes to purchasing a product. The Quantum coils in the Hybrid should keep the edge of the mattress feeling more solid, especially while sleeping on the edge. However, most people should be able to use either product.
Sparrow vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory materials||Cotton and wool|
|Materials||Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, coils for airflow||Wool, aerated latex|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Trial Period||365 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and Canada, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Free in the United States and parts of Canada, White Glove service is available for no extra charge|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Sparrow Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||N/A||$3,175|
|Split Cali King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
Should I Buy the Sparrow or Zenhaven?
Are you eager to find out which mattress is perfect for you? Both of these beds offer a variety of comfort options and a little bounce. It’s possible that important distinctions like pricing, quality of materials, or mode of delivery will influence your final decision.
To help you narrow your options, we’ll tell you exactly who each item is best suited for and why.
We Would Recommend Buying Sparrow if You are Looking for:
- A luxury experience at an affordable price. If you’re looking for a mattress that’s both luxurious and affordable, this is the one for you.
- Enhanced edge support. Slumpers and co-sleepers should be able to maximize their sleeping area using this product’s several layers of dense materials and Quantum edge technology
- Cooling technology. Coils that promote airflow and cooling gels should all contribute to a more comfortable night’s sleep.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Dual-Sided comfort. This product gives you the best of both worlds, since both pieces offer a variety of comfort options. Soft and fluffy on one side, sturdy and supporting on another. When you need a different feel, simply flip the mattress over.
- A pain-free setup. It’s included in the price. makes the process of putting up a new bed a breeze. No worries regarding decompression or off-gassing are required. The mattress should be ready to use right out of the box because it is not a bed-in-a-box product.
- A more natural option. Talalay latex from rubber trees is created by the company using a water-based manufacturing technique. Shoppers looking for a more natural product will find this to be an excellent choice.
Both of these manufacturers offer a wide range of comfort options, making them excellent choices for a variety of different types of sleepers. Pressure is relieved and repositioning is made easier thanks to their deep hug and slight bounce.
To find out which one is best for you, read our in-depth reviews to see how different materials, edge support, and cooling properties stack up.