There are two popular mattress brands: Zenhaven and Casper. Even today, people are still unsure about how the two compare to one another.” For those of you who are trying to decide between the Zenhaven and Casper mattresses, I’ll go through the primary similarities and differences in this comparison to help you make an informed choice.
- Winkbed vs. Casper Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Zenhaven vs. Nolah Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Saatva vs. Beautyrest Black Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Avocado vs. Brentwood Cedar Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Winkbed vs. Purple Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
Zenhaven vs. Casper: Top Similarities
- Both employ the same business strategy.
- Both firms are well-known and well-known for their client care.
- In terms of trial durations and return policies, both are excellent.
Zenhaven vs. Casper: Key Differences
- When it comes to making their mattresses, Casper and Zenhaven employ a mixture of memory foam and polyfoam, respectively.
- Using natural latex, Zenhaven mattresses are more bouncy than Casper mattresses.
- The Zenhaven is significantly heavier than the Casper.
- The Zenhaven mattress is far more durable than the Casper.
- Compared to the Casper, Zenhaven costs $1,000 more for a Queen.
Casper Construction Takeaways
- A polyfoam layer is sandwiched between two layers of memory foam. Latex-like characteristics can be found in the polyfoam, which is referred to as “comfort foam.”
- Memory foam’s sinking and contouring properties are enhanced by the combination of the several layers used in the construction of this mattress.
Zenhaven Construction Takeaways
- The mattress can be turned over, allowing for two different firmness levels. The harder side of the mattress can be tried if the soft side is found wanting.
- Talalay latex is used in the mattress. This is the most environmentally friendly mattress you can buy. Unlike synthetic latex, natural latex is extremely resilient and springy.
- A zoned mattress provides greater support in the middle of the mattress, which is where most people sleep. Additionally, this improves the product’s lifespan.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Compressed and packaged in a box, this product is made entirely of foam.
This 11-inch mattress’ sturdy polyester cover may be removed completely for easier spot cleaning.
- The top layer is AirScapeTM, a design that promotes airflow in order to avoid overheating. This material should also have a higher bounce.
- Additionally, the second layer is designed to alleviate pressure points on the shoulders and knees, while providing firm support for the hips.
- A Dense Foam Layer serves as the basis for the upper layers.
This is a latex mattress that comes uncompressed and ready to use.
With a 10-inch thick New Zealand wool topper and organic cotton cover, this mattress is hypoallergenic and naturally fire retardant. Flipping the mattress allows the sleeper to experience either a Gentle Firm or a Luxurious Plush sensation. The structure will be discussed as though the Luxury Plush option is face-up.
- An first 1.5-inch Comfort Layer with five distinct pinhole densities provides a supple or firm level of support. Under the shoulders and hips, shoppers should experience a tighter support.
- The Talalay Latex in the second layer is designed to create a more supple feel.
- The GentleFirm setting can be achieved by flipping the mattress over and adding another 3-inch layer of Talalay Latex with a firmer feel.
- Base layer is a 1.5-inch 5-Zone Comfort Layer that is firmer than the first layer. When used as the top layer, this provides a Gentle Firm feel.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Our firmness scale ranges from 1 to 10, so that you can get an idea of how firm or soft each of these beds is. The lower the score, the softer it will feel. With 10 being the firmest, a higher score should feel more solid.
You can get Casper’s medium to medium-firm 6 feel in one firmness, which should be suitable for most sleepers. Because of the zoned comfort layer, side sleepers should benefit from the mild compression required to alleviate pressure buildup in the shoulder region. Similarly, stomach sleepers should find that the increased support in the hip area minimizes sinkage, which could result in a misalignment of the spine.
Luxurious Plush by Zenhaven is medium-soft. Depending on how the buyer feels this bed, Gentle Firm is rated at a 7 (medium-hard to firm). In order to discover a level of comfort that is right for you, all you have to do is flip the mattress to the desired level of comfort. These comfort zones are designed to provide just the perfect amount of support for every part of your body..
Both mattresses should have materials that adapt fast to movement, resulting in fewer body impressions.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Casper mattresses should be placed on top of a Gentle Cradle, and customers should lay their heads on top of the mattress. Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm choice should produce similar results, while the product’s Luxury Plush option should provide a deep hug.
Combination sleepers should have no trouble switching positions on either of the two mattresses they use. Each product’s little sinkage, quick responsiveness, and enough bounce should lessen resistance. The Zenhaven mattress’ bouncy latex should keep users from feeling “trapped” in the materials even if they sleep in the Deep Hug of the Luxury Plush setting.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Restless co-sleepers should be less disturbed by a mattress with good motion control, which absorbs movement and prevents it from traveling through the bed. With either option, most customers should be able to sleep soundly at night. A light sleeper may choose Casper over Zenhaven because the springy mattress allows less motion transfer than Casper, which has a softer feel.
Comparing Edge Support
Both products should be able to provide appropriate support for those who prefer to sleep on the edge of their bed. When lying on the edge of the Casper mattress, there should be minimal compression. On the firmer side of the Zenhaven, edge sleepers may prefer less compression.
Casper vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Polyester||Organic cotton and New Zealand wool|
|Materials||Proprietary comfort foam, polyfoams, high-density memory foam||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Open-cell top layer, memory material placed further away from the sleeper||Wool and pinholes in the latex|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Deep Hug, Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||20 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||180 nights|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||OEKO-TEX® and GOTS|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping available to the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK, and Switzerland, In-Home service available in some areas. Ask for details.||The United States and Canada, free White Glove service to the contiguous states and parts of Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes, cover is assembled in Mexico||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Casper or Zenhaven?
Are you ready to choose the best mattress for your bedroom? Our sleeper recommendations will help you choose the right product for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned support. Pressure relief and support are provided by the item’s deeper substance, which is zoned.
- A medium comfort feel. In addition to the alternating comfort zones, this mattress has a medium to medium-firm comfort level that should appeal to a wide range of sleepers.
- An affordable brand name. It’s no secret that Casper is a household name in the online mattress market. The company’s prices are reasonable and won’t break the bank.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Zoned comfort. Comfort zones with varied amounts of compression are found on both sides of this item to ensure optimal spinal alignment and alleviate pressure.
- Double-sided comfort options. Flipping the mattress over to the opposite side, most buyers should be able to discover a comfort level that works best for them based on their personal preferences.
- Natural materials. To provide a peaceful night’s sleep, the cover is made of organic cotton. Wool serves as a natural thermoregulator and a fire retardant in the construction industry..
To be a good mattress, Casper should have a medium-firm feel with zoned comfort that is supported by a well-known brand. There’s something for everyone in Zenhaven’s natural materials and dual-sided design.
If you’re interested in learning more about either product, be sure to check out our in-depth evaluations.