We’ve been eagerly awaiting this comparison for some time now. A couple of the most well-known and well-respected mattresses on the market are the Zenhaven and the DreamCloud. Customers and professionals alike have been raving about it since the day it was announced.
- Best Cat Proof Air Mattress You Can Buy Update 02/2024
- Casper vs. Loom And Leaf Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Zenhaven vs. Winkbed Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Alexander Signature Hybrid vs. Zenhaven Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Brooklyn Aurora vs. Helix Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
They’re not cheap, but they’re worth every penny because they’re packed with performance, comfort, support, and technology.
In this comparison, we’ll find out which one is the superior product.
We’re going to spend a lot of time going over each product to find out what’s inside. In addition, we’ll check to see whether there’s any difference in terms of comfort or cooling capacity before deciding which one to buy.
What are we waiting for?
- Both mattresses are hybrids.
- Both of these thermal regulators are excellent.
- Both employ zoned portions to provide personalized assistance.
- In terms of environmental impact, the Zenhaven is far superior.
- The DreamCloud is a lot less expensive.
- Memory foam is not used in the Zenhaven.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
DreamCloud Premier Construction
Depending on your preference, the DreamCloud Premiere memory foam hybrid mattress can be delivered in a box or by professional white glove delivery. The two-inch quilted euro cover is packed with two layers of thick memory foam and made of a luxurious cashmere blend.
The 14-inch-tall mattress has five layers, including two foam layers in the cover, making it one of the tallest beds on the market.
- The 2.5-inch layer of soft comfort foam beneath the EuroTop Cover provides additional support and comfort. Using this comfort foam is a good way to alleviate pain in sensitive areas, such as the shoulders and hips.
- One inch of ordinary polyfoam is used as a support layer. If you don’t feel the coils directly or sink too far into the mattress layers, this base foam layer should give additional resistance.
- The final layer is the coil unit, which is 8.5 inches tall. Coil-wrapped separately, the unit has both inner and perimeter coils to ensure optimum edge support on every side. To keep you cool, these coils should help to circulate air throughout the mattress.
This latex mattress comes pre-assembled. Prior to delivery, Zenhaven does not compress or roll-pack their items.
A temperature-regulating wool fire barrier is quilted into the cotton cover. This mattress has a total height of 10 inches.
- There are two firmness options for this mattress, thus it’s double-sided. As though the Gentle Firm side were facing up, we’ll approach the construction.
- Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer (1.5 inches) is the top layer. Five zones of support and alleviation are provided by this system, which includes a lumbar support area and a lower back support area. This will help to distribute the weight more evenly and correct any misalignment in the spine.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer is found in the second layer. There should be a lot of bounce in this Talalay latex that will make it easy to reposition.
- 3 inches of Natural Latex Plush Base Layer completes the third layer. When the mattress is flipped, this becomes the second layer and should feel like a Luxury Plush mattress when you sleep on it..
- 1.5 inches of Natural Latex Luxurious Plush Comfort Layer make up the foundation of the mattress. When flipping the bed, this should provide soft pressure alleviation and gentle support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is extremely soft and 10 is extremely firm, DreamCloud Premier is rated a 5.5. On this scale, Luxury Plush from Zenhaven gets a score of 4.5, whereas Gentle Firm scored a 7 overall.
The hybrid mattress is a good choice for those who enjoy a medium-firm feel when sleeping. Latex mattresses come in a variety of firmnesses, including Soft, which may be preferred by side sleepers, and Medium-Firm, which may be chosen by stomach sleepers.
Lie down on the EuroTop and DreamCloud’s hybrid should feel soft and sumptuous. In addition, the firm coils give the mattress a medium-firm sensation. Memory foam provides compression in the areas of your body where it’s needed most, and this mattress has it.
You should be able to sink into the Zenhaven’s zoned comfort to get the support or pressure relief you need as needed, thanks to the product’s soft and cozy cover. Both beds should respond quickly, however Zenhaven may recover a little more quickly than the competition.
Shoppers who are concerned about their weight should consider both brands. With the hybrid’s coils, the Gentle Firm Z should be more durable and supportive than the Luxury Plush.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The DreamCloud Premier’s curved pressure relief should deliver a more substantial hug. The coils should bounce a little, and the materials should rearrange themselves quickly.
You should be able to sink into Zenhaven’s Plush side, while the Firm option should hold you afloat. By flipping the mattress, the sleeper can adjust the level of sinkage to their preference. The materials used should have a moderate springback and a short response time.
Both of these beds should be ideal for anyone who need to switch positions during the night.
Comparing Motion Transfer
The DreamCloud Premier’s deep memory foam and individually pocketed coils should help to reduce vibration. The latex used in the Zenhaven should also help to minimize disturbances caused by movement. Co-sleepers with a restless spouse should be able to use either of these items.
Comparing Edge Support
There is a general consensus that edge support is not a high priority for most people. A robust edge can be a key worry for those who want to spread out and use all of their sleeping area. The DreamCloud’s coil support system may be a better option for those searching for more stability while resting on the edge, as the outside coils of the mattress have been reinforced.
DreamCloud Premier vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|CASHEX cashmere blend
|Cotton and wool
|Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils
|Breathable cover, gel-infused foam
|Wool, aerated latex
|Gentle Cradle/Deep Hug
|Adjustable Base Compatible
|Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional
|Free in the United States and parts of Canada, White Glove service is available for no extra charge
|Made in the USA
|DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)
|Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)
Should I Buy DreamCloud Premier or Zenhaven?
So, how does this all apply to you, the reader?
If you’re looking for a new mattress, here are a few considerations to keep in mind.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- A hybrid experience. There is no need to pick between an all-foam mattress and an innerspring mattress when you have the best of both worlds in one mattress.
- A luxury feel at an affordable price. The EuroTop cover and plush comfort foams should provide a premium experience without breaking the bank.
- A Medium feel. This mattress should provide a medium level of comfort with a deep hug, body-conforming support, and a fast response time.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- A latex experience. The mattress’s all-latex composition is expected to generate bounce and alleviate pressure points.
- Temperature regulation. However, this mattress’ wool cover should help regulate body temperature in both hot and cold conditions. Ideally, this will keep the sleeper from overheating or overheating.
- Two beds in one. Customers can choose between a Soft, deep hug or a Medium-Firm gentle cradle by flipping this mattress.
Both mattresses should be suitable for sleepers of all preferences, regardless of their preferred sleeping position. The DreamCloud Premier is a good choice for those who want a cradle that is both soothing and medium-firm. If you prefer a more mellow experience, Zenhaven may be the best option for you.
Our in-depth product reviews are a great place to begin your research.
Which Bed Sleeps Cooler?
When you consider that the DreamCloud is a memory foam mattress, its cooling gel infusion and middle latex layer make it a really pleasant sleep experience. In contrast, the DreamCloud’s cooling gel is attempting to remedy a problem that the Zenhaven does not have.
When it comes to temperature regulation, latex is one of the best materials on the market. With the sophisticated ventilation holes in the Zenhaven and the highly breathable cover, it’s cooler than the DreamCloud.
Which Bed Would Be Best For A Side Sleeper?
In order to encourage optimal spinal alignment, both of these items feature a zoned support portion and are designed for side sleepers, as this is the most prevalent posture.
As a result, both items are ideal for side sleepers.
Should I Buy A DreamCloud Or A Zenhaven bed?
For the most part, we believe the DreamCloud is the better choice.
For a slightly higher price, the Zenhaven may be the better mattress. For those who prefer the sensation of a latex mattress, the Zenhaven is an excellent choice if you can afford it.
However, 9 out of 10 times, we’d probably recommend DreamCloud to you.