Choosing between Layla and Saatva mattresses can be difficult because both beds are comfortable and well-made.
To help buyers make an informed purchase, this Layla vs Saatva mattress comparison will go over the construction of both mattresses in depth and highlight the most important conclusions.[youtube url=”https://youtu.be/LEw29REO49k” width=”600″ height=”400″ responsive=”yes” autoplay=”no” mute=”no”]
Layla vs. Saatva
- Feel: Compared to the Layla, the Saatva is more like a typical innerspring mattress with a little extra plushness above. Saatva-like comfort can be found in pillow-top mattresses.
- Value: The Saatva is significantly more expensive than the Layla. The Saatva, on the other hand, is surprisingly affordable given its high-end aesthetic and powerful performance.
- Firmness Options: Saatva is the ideal alternative if you’re looking for a really middle-of-the-road setting; the Layla has a soft and hard side, while the Saatva has soft, medium and firm options.
- Cover: There is a light and airy feel to the Layla’s cover. There is a pillow-top feel to the Saatva’s polyfoam-filled cover, which is tufted and quilted.
- Versatility: A wide range of body types can be accommodated by both mattresses, although they accomplish this in different ways. There are three firmness settings for the Layla and two for the Saatva, which can be flipped. Other top selections for the best adjustable mattresses are available.
- Cooling: Layla’s copper-infused foam and Saatva’s innerspring core both have active cooling capabilities, however the Layla’s is better for people who sleep temperature-neutral to warm, and the Saatva’s is best for people who frequently sleep hot.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
The company sends its memory foam beds in a huge rectangular box that has been roll-compressed. Temperature-regulating ThermoGel® is infused into the top of the detachable cover’s polyester/Lycra/viscose blend fabric.
In the Firm setting, the bottom foam becomes the top when flipped over. This mattress has a total height of 10 inches.
- Copper-infused memory foam is used in the first layer for both comfort and shape retention. Antimicrobial copper, which is a heat conductor, helps keep the bed cool and sterilized at the same time
- The second layer of support foam is 2 inches thick. Most people recognize this as the egg crate design. Temperature control and additional pressure relief are provided by this design.
- Layla’s primary support is provided by a thick 4-inch layer of foam that serves as the foundation.
- The final layer is a 1-inch thick layer of firm comfort. Thinner copper-infused material is the same as what was used on the upper portion. Firmer findings can be expected from users.
When you buy from Saatva, you don’t get a compacted package but rather a two-man crew that will come to your house and install the product for you. This service is included in the price of every order.
A cotton Euro Pillow Top covers the surface of Saatva, which is then layered with three inches of foam. Construction breakdown of the 11.5-inch variant, which is the one you’ll see in this video.
- The memory foam in the middle of the bed is meant to assist the lumbar region below the pillow top.
- In the second layer, pocket coils are used. Shapes and motions can be isolated by using this product. They also help to circulate air throughout the mattress.
- Steel support coils make up the base. These feature an hourglass-shaped design that serves as both a support and a long-lasting accessory.
- Edge support is provided by a high-density foam on the sidewalls.
In the 14.5-inch version, there is a three-inch thicker support coil layer. An added cosmetic feature is all that separates the two models, according to the manufacturer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Sleep Advisor uses a scale of one to ten to measure mattress firmness, with ten being the most firm. Luxury Firm Saatva is rated at 6.5 out of 10. Using this score, this song has a medium-sized feel. Compared to the Plush Soft, which had a score of 4, the Firm variant received an 8 rating.
The coil-on-coil arrangement provides additional support while also generating an open channel system for air. In order to avoid overheating when sleeping, this design incorporates these elements.
The Luxury Firm mattress is a great option for those who sleep in multiple positions during the night. The springiness in this design is also a plus for these people, as it should help them move around at night.
Additionally, people who want a firmer bed may find the Plush Soft to be more comfortable, while others who prefer a more supple sleep surface may choose the Firm. Those who sleep on their stomachs may benefit from this additional support in order to maintain their hips elevated and their back in proper alignment.
Moving to a different company’s product.
In terms of firmness, Layla’s softer side is a 4, while her firmer side is a 7.
Copper is injected into the memory foam, which hardens under pressure. Layla is able to compete successfully with other memory bed brands because of this technology, which provides Layla with additional support for a memory item.
Combination sleepers should not expect much responsiveness from Layla because of its poor response times. Memory foam is known for its ability to mold to the body and alleviate pressure points. Many side sleepers like the Soft side, while some stomach sleepers favor the Firm side, so it’s important to keep that in mind.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Using Layla’s Soft and Firm sides, you may create a classic memory foam hug and a delicate contoured cradle. Because this is a memory foam mattress, you won’t feel any movement when you roll around.
The Luxury Firm’s Saatva should leave customers of the companies it represents in a peaceful cradle. Keeping children away from this spring on spring activity may be a good idea, as it may be reminiscent of their last birthday party’s bouncy castle. It’s also perfect for couples who wish to spice up their sex life by rearranging their sleeping positions.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Layla’s lack of bounce makes it ideal for limiting movement, as it has a high rate of isolating motion. Because of the foams employed in its creation, your spouse will not be disturbed by your movements.
Some movement does leak across the surface when movement occurs because of the springiness of Saatva. This spring-over-spring construction, however, performs a great job of catching motion, as the foams assist trap the majority of it.
Comparing Edge Support
It’s possible that you’re unintentionally putting your partner on the edge of the bed, which might be a nightmare for them if your bed has weak edges. Even while Layla offers better motion isolation, Saatva’s edge support is unmatched. To keep sleepers safe, this mattress contains a thick layer of solid foam around the perimeter.
Despite the lack of edge fortification, Layla performs admirably for a foam-only bed-in-a-box brand. While sitting on the edge of this mattress may cause some compression, sleepers should feel supported.
Layla vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Height||10”||11.5” or 14.5”|
|Cover||Polyester blended with viscose, lycra, and ThermoGel®||Cotton Euro Pillowtop with blended foams|
|Materials||Copper-infused memory foam, high-density poly foam, convoluted support foam||Memory Foam, Pocket Coils, Steel Coils|
|Cooling||Copper wicks away memory foam heat, and the convoluted layer promotes airflow.||Coils|
|Firmness||4 or 7/10||6.5/10 (Luxury Firm)|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||No; some surface level on the Firm side||Yes|
|Trial Period||120 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes (only in 11.5”)|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S. and Canada||Ships to the United States with free White Glove Delivery in contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Layla Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,276|
Shipping and Returns
Shipment of the Layla mattress is free inside the United States. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii costs $125, while shipping to Canada costs $225. Mattresses are shipped via FedEx Ground and normally arrive within five business days of being ordered.
Layla’s 120-night sleep trial begins on the date of purchase and runs through the end of the year. You’ll need to sleep on the Layla for at least 14 nights before you can begin the return process. Layla’s customer service department will begin the return process if you decide not to retain it. When you return the bed to Layla, she will arrange for its pickup, make a charitable donation, and provide you a full reimbursement.
Layla’s limited Lifetime guarantee covers the mattress if you decide to keep it. More than 1″ of indentations, loss of mattress height or shape, foam splitting or cracking, and seams split are covered by the warranty. Customers may be responsible for up to $50 in shipping costs if Layla decides to replace or repair their mattress.
White-glove delivery is provided free of charge by Saatva inside the 48 contiguous United States. A freight forwarder can arrange for delivery to your location in Alaska or Hawaii if you live in one of those states. A 90-day delivery window is standard for all Saatva mattresses, however most purchases arrive within 21 business days.
Because Saatva does not ship its mattresses in a box like most other top-rated online mattress providers, you will receive a full-sized mattress and a delivery crew will put it up in the room of your choice. The white glove service includes the removal of old mattresses.
It’s possible to try out Saatva Classic for a full 180 nights at home. To make things easier, Saatva allows you to return your mattress at any time throughout your 100-night risk-free trial. To offset petrol and labor costs, Saatva will arrange pick-up and offer a complete refund minus a $99 transportation fee.
This mattress has a 15-year manufacturer’s warranty. Saatva will replace your mattress for free throughout the first two years of the warranty. Saatva will repair and re-cover your mattress every three to fifteen years, but you will be charged $99 each way for transportation.
Should I Buy Layla or Saatva?
Many things to think about. Here are a few more specifics to help you make a more informed selection.
We Would Recommend Buying Layla if You are Looking for:
- Motion isolation. Layla’s deep hugging memory foam inhibits motion, so you can stay sleeping even if you can feel your partner’s every movement on your existing mattress.
- Dual-sided firmness. It’s possible for customers to choose between a Soft or a Firm grip. Flip it over to the other side if you don’t feel like working out.
- Deep pressure relief. This memory mattress is designed to alleviate stress and avoid the buildup of pressure. Those who prefer to sleep on their sides may appreciate the softness of the side.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- A luxury mattress. As many as 14.5 inches of quality (luxury) material is provided to consumers by Saatva. Compared to other brands, this should be a good investment.
- Bounce. Repositioning sleepers can be made easier by using bouncing as a form of intercourse with your partner.
- Multiple firmness options. Ordering this product can be done in one of three ways: plush soft, luxury firm, or firm. These options range from a deep hug to a simple cradle in terms of how they feel.
So, which bed swayed you? Layla’s memory foam may have been at blame. Saatva’s opulence, on the other hand?
Layla and Saatva’s in-depth reviews should be read before placing anything in your virtual shopping cart.