Do you prefer to sleep on a mattress made of all-foam or an innerspring?
Saatva’s double-sided, all-foam latex mattress Zenhaven and its innerspring with two coil systems are both compared in our Zenhaven vs. Saatva comparison. Customer satisfaction and affordable luxury are core values for both brands.
You can use our comparison guide to figure out which mattress is ideal for your needs. Afterwards, check out our in-depth assessments of each bed by clicking here:
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. Saatva
- Retains less heat.
- Dual sturdiness.
- Bed made of hypoallergenic materials.
- An old-fashioned springy sensation.
- Luxury at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Construction of the highest caliber.
- The same manufacturer.
- A business concept based solely online.
- Exceptional value for money.
- Return policies and trial periods are the same.
- The best possible service.
- Options for firmness are available for both.
- Zenhaven is a latex mattress, while Saatva is an innerspring mattress.
- The materials used by Zenhaven are of a higher quality.
- Zenhaven is more bouncy and/or durable.
- Only Zenhaven’s 100% green materials are used by Saatva.
- Over time, Zenhaven is likely to become more durable.
- Zenhaven is significantly heavier than the original.
Reasons Someone Might Want To Pick Zenhaven
- All-Natural – Saatva makes use of environmentally friendly products, but Zenhaven only employs organic ones. Zenhaven is the best option for those who want to go completely green. One of the best latex mattresses we’ve ever had the pleasure of using.
- Someone Wants Their Mattress For A Long Time – Zenhaven’s latex is far more durable than Saatva’s polyester. If a person intends to keep their mattress for a lengthy period of time, this could be an issue.
- Someone Want Extra Bounce/Resilience – The latex in Zenhaven provides additional bounce and resilience. In other words, the mattress responds promptly to the motions of its occupants.
Reasons Someone Might Want To Pick Saatva
- Save Money – Because Zenhaven’s materials are so expensive, the Saatva is a far better value. If you’re on a tight budget or don’t plan on keeping your mattress for long, Saatva might be the best option.
- Someone Who Prefers The Traditional Innerspring Feel – People who sleep on innerspring mattresses are more likely to favor Saatva than Zenhaven since they are acclimated to the feel.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This Talalay latex double-sided product does not come rolled up for shipping. In order to match Saatva’s Luxury Firm, we’ll assume that the Gentle Firm side is facing up and the Luxury Plush side is facing down.
This 10-inch mattress’ 1-inch cover is made of a cotton-and-new-zealand-woo mix, which should help regulate body temperature.
- Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer: The Gentle Firm sensation can be felt when the mattress is set upright. Firm but gentle support should be provided. In order to increase airflow, holes are drilled into the material.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer is found in the second layer. The mattress’s support will be further enhanced by the addition of this material, which should have a firm feel. As a result of flipping the mattress, the bed is given a more stable foundation.
- Three inches of soft Natural Latex Plush Base Layer material are sandwiched between the two layers above it. When the mattress is being used at a Luxury Plush setting, this material contributes to that feel.
- Plushness can be achieved by using a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer as the top layer of the mattress. This material should alleviate pressure in the softer sections and provide support in the tougher areas that serve the shoulders and hips, respectively.. Pinholes in the textile help to circulate air.
This innerspring, which ships without being compressed, is causing a stir in the online market.
14.5-inch and 11.5-inch options are available for this mattress’ height. For our purposes here, we’ll be focusing on the 14.5-inch variant, which has the following differences highlighted. An antibacterial GuardinR treatment has been applied to the 3-inch cover.
- A lumbar support system is included in the first layer. The center of the mattress has a layer of memory foam in it.
- The second layer is comprised of coils that are individually coiled to provide responsiveness and reduce motion transfer. Coils should be able to move freely between each other as they compress or spring back based on a person’s weight, thanks to the pocketed construction.
- A steel coil base is the final layer. The mattress and the sleeper rest on a foundation of tempered recycled steel.
- Reinforced foam is used around the perimeter to ensure the best possible edge support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
A wide range of positions may be accommodated by both models, which offer a wide range of comfort options. Each model has been assigned a number between 1 and 10 on our comfort scale, which determines how each bed feels. In this scale, one is the softest, while ten is the firmest.
With a 7 out of 10, Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm version is firm enough to satisfy most customers. Luxurious Plush’s 4.5 rating indicates that it’s somewhere between medium and firm. For stomach and back sleepers who want a firmer level of comfort, these ratings should be a good fit.
Customers should be able to slip into the bed with a feeling of moderate pressure reduction and pleasant temperature regulation.
According to our assessment, the Luxury Firm model from Saatva has a firmness level of 6.5 out of 10. Plush Soft and Firm comfort options are also available from the manufacturer. Plush Soft is a good choice for side sleepers, but stomach and back sleepers can try out a variety of other feelings to find the one that’s right for them.
When you’re lying on the pillow top of this bed, it should feel soft and inviting. The coils below should offer a sensation of solidity.
The lumbar materials of the Saatva bed reshape slightly slower than the rest of the bed’s components. Both mattresses should work well for those who switch positions frequently as they sleep.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush setting provides a deep hug, but the bouncy latex prevents customers from encountering difficulty in adjusting the mattress. A gentle cradle should be provided by the Gentle Firm.
Ideally, the Saatva mattress should be soft and cradle the sleeper. The dual coil systems in this product should provide a moderate amount of bounce, allowing for easy adjusting.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both beds have a moderate percentage of motion transmission. Zenhaven may be a better option for those who desire more motion control than the Saatva, but most people shouldn’t have a problem with it due to the latex’s ability to absorb more energy.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support of the Zenhaven should be above average when compared to other all-foam mattresses in the same price range. The reinforced foam and coils in Saatva’s edge support should provide a constant feel from edge to edge. Saatva may be a better option for those who are looking for a more robust edge support system.
Zenhaven vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Cotton Euro Pillowtop, blended foam|
|Materials||Talalay latex||Steel and pocket coils, memory foam|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||20 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||180 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes (11.5” version only)|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Ships to the United States, free White Glove delivery service in contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,276|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or Saatva?
Are you still undecided as to whether an innerspring or an all-foam mattress is better for you? These suggestions may help you narrow down your search for a bed that meets your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Dual-sided comfort. This mattress has two distinct comfort levels on each side. If you prefer a firmer mattress, you can simply flip the bed over.
- Varying sinkage levels. When sleeping on the Plush side, expect a deep sinkage and a pressure-relieving cuddle. Shoppers who prefer to sleep on the mattress rather than in it can turn it over and sleep on the Firm side.
- Zoned support. Support and pressure relief can be found in just the right places on this mattress, thanks to the use of zoned comfort materials.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Customers can select the level of comfort they prefer from three different model options: plush soft, luxury firm, and firm.
- A gentle cradle. Due to the low sinkage, buyers should float on top of the bed. This provides the illusion of being gently cradled by the mattress.
- Enhanced support. Solid support throughout the entire sleeping surface should be provided by two coil systems and reinforced edges.
Is there a bed that’s right for you? No, I prefer the Zenhaven’s deep embrace and double-sided nature. The Saatva’s sturdy foundation and soothing cradle?
Check out our in-depth reviews for each model if you need more information. Check out our top 12 beds for 2021 as well.