Both the Sparrow and Saatva are hybrids like night and day, therefore we’ll compare them.
- Dreamcloud vs. Purple Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Nectar vs. Helix Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Puffy vs. Purple Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Layla Hybrid vs. Winkbeds Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
- Saatva vs. Amerisleep Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 02/2024
Deep sinkage and increased cooling qualities are two of the options available. As an alternative, are you looking for a lower profile and better lumbar support?
Regardless of which company you choose, you can rest assured knowing that both are committed to providing luxurious experiences at a price you can afford. Nest Bedding offers a comfort guarantee for its Signature line, while Saatva claims to have a combined 100 years of experience to deliver the ultimate in comfort and support for their products.
To help you decide which mattress is ideal for you, have a look at our comparison chart and then read our in-depth product reviews.
Quick Comparison: Sparrow and Saatva
- Increased ability to regulate body temperature.
- Exhilarating smothering.
- Foam and coils of the highest quality.
- An old-fashioned springy sensation.
- Luxury at a reasonable price.
- Construction of high quality.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Sparrow Signature Hybrid Construction
This bed-in-a-box is a foam and coil hybrid.
Quilted within the cover is a 1-inch gel-infused memory foam and Thermic Phase Change fabric. Make sure that the layers of comfort aren’t making you overheat as you relax. This mattress has a total height of 12 inches.
- EnergexTM Temperature Responsive Foam is the top layer. When it comes to pressure relief, the cutting-edge material has you covered.
- SmartFlow Support Foam, measuring one inch, is applied as the next layer. Support for the spine should be provided as the mattress transitions into a coil section below.
- A 6-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coil system forms the base layer. Motion transfer should be minimized as a result of this arrangement because it increases the useful sleep surface. Co-sleepers will appreciate both of these characteristics.
- At the bottom, a layer of support foam provides additional coil support.
Memory foam and two coils make up this mattress, which is a hybrid. White glove delivery is included at no additional cost to you.
GuardinR, an antibacterial treatment, has been applied to the cotton cover of the 3-inch Euro Pillow Top. A 14.5-inch and an 11.5-inch mattress height is on the menu at this retailer. In this section, we will focus on the construction of the Signature’s 14.5-inch mattress, which is the closest match in height to the Signature.
- There is a tiny layer of memory foam beneath the pillow top that is intended to assist the lumbar region of the back.
- Afterwards, the coils are individually wrapped to form the second layer. Because they are designed to respond to your unique body weight and posture, these coils should assist limit motion transmission and give individualized comfort and support. They also help to keep the bed cool and comfortable by increasing airflow.
- Steel coil foundation support makes up the bottom layer. Recycled, tempered steel was used to create this system, which is designed to provide the bed as a whole with stability.
- High-density foam is used around the perimeter to reinforce the edges and keep them from sagging.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Comfort (firmness) is measured on a 1-10 scale, and these two mattresses fall somewhere in between. This approach considers 1 to be the softest and 10 to be the firmest. Both goods offer a variety of ways to relax.
An average of 5.5 out of 10 is assigned to the Signature’s Medium There is a 2.5 plush option and an 8.5 firm option from the company.
This scale ranks the Saatva’s Luxury Firm at a 6.5 out of 10. In terms of firmness, the Plush Soft should be a 4 and the Firm should be an 8.
A wide variety of comfort levels can be found from each manufacturer. Sparrow tends to cover a wider range of softness to firmness than most other birds. Saatva tends to fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to all of its possibilities.
Comfort layers and a coil system meant to compress or hold firm, depending on your weight and posture, are expected to provide excellent pressure relief. In terms of support, Saatva’s mattress should be the best out there because it has two separate coil systems that cradle your body and support your spine.
Those who sleep on their stomachs prefer a firmer mattress, while those who sleep on their sides prefer a softer one. These two manufacturers offer a wide range of comfort options, so customers of various preferences should be able to find something that works for them.
Slower response times in the upper levels should be offset by a faster response time in the lower levels. There should be a noticeable delay in the Saatva’s response time in the lumbar area.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The deep sinkage of the Sparrow will be appreciated by those who seek a reassuring hug. The Saatva’s soothing cradle would likely appeal to buyers who love to float on top of their mattresses.
The dual-coil systems on the Saatva give it a slight edge in terms of bounce, but both items should have plenty of it. Both products should be able to help combo sleepers with effortless repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
There are many people who do not consider motion transfer to be a dealbreaker while purchasing a new and perfect mattress for them. As a result, if this is an issue for you, you may want to try the Signature, which has many layers of foam that are designed to dampen movement more effectively than the Saatva’s connected steel coils.
Comparing Edge Support
The edges of Sparrow are stabilized by a row of Quantum Edge Coils. Reinforced foam is found in the Saatva. Co-sleeping with a partner, a child, or a pet can cause disturbances because partners shift around during the night, thus it’s important that these mattresses have good edge support.
Sparrow Signature Hybrid and Saatva Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory Foam
|Cotton and comfort foam Euro Top treated with GuardinⓇ
|SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils, Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam
|Memory foam, pocket coils, steel coils, reinforced foam perimeter
|Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow
|Double coil systems
|6.5/10 (Luxury Firm)
|Adjustable Base Compatible
|Yes, only the 11.5-inch
|Ships to the United States and Canada, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged
|Free in the contiguous United States, also ships to Alaska and Hawaii, White Glove service is free in the contiguous U.S.
|Made in the USA
|Yes, a factory in Canada serves those customers
|Sparrow (w/o discount)
|Saatva Price (w/o discount)
|Split Cali King
Should I Buy the Sparrow or Saatva?
The items offered by these two companies are so vastly different that they are sure to appeal to a wide range of customers. If you’re looking for a specific sinkage level, structure, and feel, there’s likely only one winner out there for you. Check out our summary below to see which product is most likely to suit your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying the Sparrow Signature Hybrid if You are Looking for:
- Foam with enhanced cooling. Individually pocketed coils and several gels should keep you cool even as you burrow into this mattress, even if you sleep in it for hours.
- A deep hug. It’s important for customers looking for deep sinkage and a snug fit to note the contouring. This should alleviate any discomfort caused by the pressure.
- Customizable comfort. A variety of Split King configurations are available to accommodate couples that require a variety of comfort levels.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Enhanced lumbar support. Back sleepers will appreciate the additional lumbar support provided by the mattress’s foam and coil design.
- A gentle cradle. If you’re a person who prefers to sleep “on” rather than “in” your bed, then the Euro Top mattress is for you.
- A classic innerspring feel with a lot of bounce. With two coil systems, this mattress offers a typical innerspring experience. Customers should be able to move around with ease thanks to a good amount of bounce.
Distinct types of sleepers will prefer the different coil experiences offered by these two items. In terms of comfort, sinkage, and cooling, the two are vastly different from one another. When searching for a bed, this information will help you focus on what is most important to you.
It doesn’t matter which mattress you choose, you can rest assured that both brands offer high-quality mattresses at a reasonable price. You can learn more about each company by reading our in-depth reviews.