Our Layla vs. Zenhaven comparison focuses on two different types of flippable mattresses. How do they stack up against each other, and what sets them apart?
For those looking for a trendy luxury bed at a reasonable price, Layla, a memory foam mattress from a firm that recently redesigned its copper-infused bed, is the first option.
Dual-sided comfort has been pioneered by two industry leaders, and this study compares them. Keep an eye out to see who takes the crown. If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to read the product descriptions in their entirety.
Quick Comparison: Layla vs. Zenhaven
- Firmness on both sides.
- Memory foam laced with copper.
- Trial period of 120 nights.
- Retains less heat.
- The ability to be both firm and supple.
- Mattresses that are hypoallergenic.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Compressed into a box, this bed is shipped. Dark and light hexagon-patterned polyester blends are combined with ThermoGel ® to create a cover that is both comfortable and cool.
This mattress has a total height of around 10 inches, with the following layers:
- The copper-infused 3-inch memory foam layer on top of the mattress provides a shaping and cooling effect for sleepers. With its antibacterial and temperature-regulating characteristics, copper contributes to a cool and germ-free night’s rest.
- The second layer is a 2-inch thick convoluted foam support. Egg crate-shaped material aids in airflow while providing additional pressure alleviation.
- The foundation is built on a 3rd layer of base support foam, which measures 4 inches thick.
- 1-inch copper-infused material is used as the basis instead of a traditional base. Again, this is on the firmer side, and should provide both support and comfort, as well as cooling, for those who need it.
The order of construction above would be reversed in the Firm’s view.
Delivered at its full size, this product comes with a white glove delivery team that provides free in-home installation and mattress removal at the customer’s home.
A thick layer of undyed organic cotton covers Zenhaven, which is encased in a layer of New Zealand organic wool. The 10-inch thick bed is surrounded by these materials:
- Talalay latex is used in the initial layer. An individual sleeper’s alignment and support might be helped by a 5 Zone Comfort Layer that incorporates support characteristics.
- The third and final layer is a 3-inch Talalay latex layer, and its purpose is to provide additional support.
- It’s a 3-inch Talalay latex layer in the third layer. Flipping the bed, this harder latex is designed to provide quick support, but when placed in the Luxury Plush side it should be utilized as a base layer..”
- The Gentle Firm setting includes a 1.5-inch layer of Talalay latex foam on the bottom of the mattress. The 5-Zone Comfort technology is also present in this model.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
A 1 on the hardness scale is as soft as a cloud, while a 10 is like a rock-solid surface. Let’s have a look at the two possibilities each of these beds offers.
When it comes to Layla’s personality, her soft side is rated at 4, while her firm side is rated at 7. By including copper in the memory foam, this mattress provides superior support over other memory foam choices. As well as cooling the material, the design should allow the foam to thicken under pressure and give additional support.
Foams from Layla should be slower to react. It has a traditional memory foam feel that molds to the shape of a person’s body while they sleep. Side and back sleepers who require additional pressure reduction will benefit most from sleeping on the Soft side.
Layla’s Firm side is better suited to stomach and certain back sleepers who like a firmer sensation. In order to keep the hips supported and the spine aligned, this additional support is needed.
A 4.5 on our scale ranks Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush, while Gentle Firm is 7. In order to ensure proper spinal alignment, the 5 Zone Comfort Layer uses varied densities of latex foam in these five locations of the mattress.
Because latex is essentially rubber, it is a faster-reacting material than many other foams, making it ideal for sleeping. The Luxury-Plush side of the mattress should provide a responsive contouring feeling that makes it easier to get up and move around on while you sleep. Back and side sleepers, particularly those who require a little more pressure reduction, may benefit most from this sensation.
In the Gentle-Firm setting, Zenhaven may be better suitable for stomach sleepers who need to keep their hips lifted as they sleep. Those who sleep on their stomachs want a bed that provides a little extra support.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Depending on which side of either of these beds a person chooses to sleep on, the amount of sinkage is likely to vary. Both the Layla’s Soft and Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush should provide a sinking feeling similar to a deep hug. Layla’s firm end and Zenhaven’s gentle firm end create a sink that feels more like a cradle. In comparison to Zenhaven, Layla should feel more form-fitting, while Zenhaven is more breathable close to the skin.
When it comes to bounce, Zenhaven has a significant advantage over the competition. The rubber tree produces latex, which is a foam. Rubber inherently has a higher buoyancy than memory foam, which gives Layla with virtually no bouncing ability. You can use Bounce to help you reposition yourself if that’s an issue.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Motion transfer is something to bear in mind if you’re in a relationship. It’s possible to keep your partner from waking up by using a bed that can isolate movement to just one side of the mattress.
Both Layla and Zenhaven are above average in this area, however since Layla uses memory foam, it should outperform Zenhaven slightly. This substance is well-known for its ability to minimize sleep disturbances by dampening movement.
Comparing Edge Support
If you or your partner are prone to sleeping on the edge of the bed, adding perimeter support is a must. However, despite the lack of reinforced edges, both brands are capable of coping with stress.
While they’re great for edge sleeping, some people may find that they compress a little bit when seated on them. Remember that this is not something to sneer at.
Layla and Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Polyester blended with viscose, lycra, and ThermoGel®||PolyesOrganic Cotton quilted with New Zealand wool,ter|
|Materials||Copper-infused memory foam, high-density poly foam, convoluted support foam||Natural Talalay Latex|
|Cooling||Copper wicks away memory foam heat, and the convoluted layer promotes airflow.||Wool, latex w/ pinholes|
|Firmness||4 or 7/10||4.5/10 or 7/10|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Bounce||No; some surface level on the Firm side||Yes|
|Trial Period||120 nights||180-Night|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS Certified cotton and wool|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S. and Canada||Free White Glove Service to anywhere in the contiguous United States and parts of Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Layla Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Layla or Zenhaven?
There is a lot to think about, so allow us to help you sort through the important issues.
We Would Recommend Buying Layla if You are Looking for:
- An affordable option. Many sleepers have been swayed by this brand’s promotion of their bed at a low price point. This is a fantastic value, with a 120-night trial period and a Lifetime Warranty!
- Motion isolation. So sleepers can keep doing what they do best, Layla’s memory materials suffocate motion. Sleeping.
- Memory foam. This fabric is noted for its ability to conform to the body’s contours and alleviate pressure points..
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Luxury. Zenhaven is no exception to the rule that luxury comes at a price. Keep in mind, though, that this top-of-the-line bed costs less than some of its rivals.
- An eco-friendly option. In an effort to save the planet, Zenhaven has taken action. Natural New Zealand Wool, GOTS certified organic cotton, and OEKO-TEX certified Talalay latex are used by the firm.
- Zoned latex. Zenhaven has an advantage in support because of this technology. Different density latex foams were used to target specific areas of the sleeper’s anatomy.
For the same price as a single bed, buyers can obtain two from either of these companies. Sleepers can choose between Layla’s Soft and Firm setting and Zenhaven’s Luxury-Plush or Gentle Firm option.
Is there a mattress that you’ve fallen in love with? Was it the Zenhaven or the Layla that you were looking at? Make sure to check out our in-depth product reviews if you still have any questions!