Who will emerge victorious from two memory foam mattresses made with a similar architecture but with small differences? Comparing Nectar vs. Novosbed mattresses is what we’re going to be doing in this review.
Since its inception in 2017, Nectar has become one of the most popular mattress products on the market. As a result of its one-size-fits-all business strategy, it has created a mattress that can be used by a wide range of people.
There are several firmness levels to choose from with Novosbed and an additional foam layer may be added for free after purchasing the bed. The company’s goal is to keep costs low while maintaining high standards of quality.
Visit our in-depth evaluations of each brand to learn more about it:
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs Novosbed
- Helps alleviate stress.
- Memory foam with a classic feel.
- Trial duration of 365 nights.
- There’s nothing quite like the classic comfort of memory foam.
- Luxurious accommodations for a reasonable price.
- Firmness in the middle of the scale.
Novosbed Vs. Nectar Overview
One of the best mattresses out there is the Novosbed, which uses memory foam. It is a memory foam mattress, just like the Nectar. What distinguishes the two is unclear. The Nectar only offers a single firmness setting, whereas the Novosbed offers several. As a result, the Nectar sleeps more comfortably than the Novosbed. The feel of these two mattresses is also going to differ.
Similarities Between the Novosbed and Nectar
The Novosbed and Nectar share a lot of similarities.
- Memory foam is used in the comfort layer of both mattresses.
- Slow-moving, sinking-in sensations can be found in both.
- For excellent pressure relief and body sculpting, both of these products are excellent choices.
- Customer service and business practices are similar between the two firms.
- Both have a thickness of 11 inches and are constructed similarly.
Differences Between the Novosbed and Nectar
Now comes the fun part. The following are the main differences between the two mattresses.
- The Novosbed is more expensive than the Nectar.
- In comparison to Nectar, Novosbed has three firmness levels.
- Novosbed provides a level of comfort and a guarantee to ensure that customers get the firmness level they desire.
- When it comes to keeping cool, Nectar relies on a gel memory foam layer whereas Novosbed uses air channels in its foam.
- In comparison to Nectar, Novosbed makes use of denser memory foams, but its support foam is denser.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
To make the process of putting together Nectar even easier, it is provided in a bag with handles.
In addition to providing a stylish design, the mattress’s poly-blend cover should promote airflow and breathability. Infused with gel, memory foam provides a soft and cool surface. The overall height of this product is 12 inches.
- Most people prefer the typical memory-foam feel of the top layer, which has a layer of gel memory foam. Three of the 12 inches are made up of it.
- It’s a transitional 2-inch layer of soft conventional foam that responds faster than the top layer and helps to cushion the foundation’s feel.
- A 7-inch thick sheet of ordinary conventional foam serves as the foundation. It serves as the bed’s foundation and ensures its long-term usefulness.
As with Novosbed’s competitor, Novosbed’s memory foam composition is supplied to your door in the same compact package.
Machine-washable Tencel-infused polyester covers the 11-inch mattress, which is recognized for keeping things cool and controlling temperature.
- High-Density Airflow Memory Foam, which is aerated, enhances breathability, a problem that memory materials typically have a difficult time with. It stands 2 inches tall.
- Additional two-inch thick transitional higher density memory foam is used to decrease the contrast between softer top and harder bottom layers.
- The support core is a 7-inch Premium Support Foam, which serves as the base layer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
In terms of firmness, both of these mattresses are about the same. We give Nectar a 6.5 out of 10 on a scale of 1 (very soft) to 10 (very firm) (crazy firm). At a medium of 6, Novosbed’s Medium The average sleeper is most comfortable in this range, which falls in the middle of the spectrum.
If you’re looking for a mattress that conforms to your body’s curves, you’ll be pleased with both of these options.
In contrast to Nectar, Novosbed has three different firmness levels (Soft, Medium, and Firm). For those who don’t like the firmness or softness of the bed, they provide a Comfort+ layer that can be provided to them free of charge after the purchase has been made. It’s as simple as unzipping the cover and laying the second layer on top!
Both beds should be able to accommodate side and back sleepers, with the correct amount of support for their shoulders and hips provided by the memory foam.
Those who sleep on their stomachs, particularly those who are heavier, may want to try the Novosbed in a firmer choice to keep their hips from sinking in too much.
While both beds should have a similar amount of contouring, sinkage may vary. If you’re heavier than average, you should sink deeper into Nectar and feel like you’re part of the mattress as you do so. The Novosbed should be more like a cradle for your body, with less of your body in the bed and more of it on top of it.
Repositioning can be a bit more difficult than on a standard spring mattress because of the low bounce on either brand, but this should not be an issue for most people. Because Novosbed has less sinkage, many people will find it easier to change positions on.
Comparing Motion Transfer
As a result, memory materials are ideal for those who share a bed with a fidgety partner, children, or pets. Because of their denser foams and lack of springs, both brands should limit motion transmission to a minimum, so you can say goodbye to interrupted sleep (especially if you sleep really light).
Comparing Edge Support
Because they must be rolled for transportation, beds that come in a box tend to fall short in this area. In comparison to other all-foam competitors, these mattresses are exceptional. In spite of possible compression, most people will feel well-supported around the outside of the garment.
Nectar vs. Novosbed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend with quilted gel foam||Polyester blend with Tencel|
|Materials||Gel memory foam, soft conventional foam, and standard conventional foam||High-Density Airflow Memory Foam, Premium Support Foam|
|Cooling||Gel-infused foam and breathable cover||Breathable Airflow foam|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Delivers to US and Canada; White Glove Delivery available in select locations|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Novosbed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or Novosbed?
In spite of their many similarities, the small differences between these brands might have a significant impact on your decision on which mattress is best for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- An extensive warranty and trial period. As long as you have a lifetime warranty and a year to return the bed if it doesn’t feel just right, you can sleep soundly.
- Great value. Even though it’s a well-known brand, this bed is more reasonable than some of its competitors while still being high-quality.
- Comfort for side sleepers. Its plushy, deeper hug should alleviate pressure on the hips and shoulders of side sleepers.
We Would Recommend Buying Novosbed if You are Looking for:
- Firmness customization. With three firmness levels and a complimentary Comfort+ layer as an option, this brand caters to those who know exactly what they want.
- A classic memory-foam feel. You should feel the contouring of memory materials while not sinking in as deeply, making repositioning a little more convenient.
- A bed for couples. This mattress should be comfortable and supportive for the average sleeper, and the variety of options offered by this brand may make it easier to select a comfort level that works for both spouses.
Then, how do you feel about it? Nectar is a one-stop store, while Novosbed allows you more control over your sleep surface. Is there anything else you’d like to know?
There’s nothing to worry about. Our individual reviews are a good place to start. You may also check out our comprehensive list of this year’s best-rated beds.