What’s the difference between a hybrid and an all-foam mattress?
A foam-and-coil hybrid system and a memory foam construction will be examined in our WinkBeds vs. Loom & Leaf bed comparison. We’ll also tell you which types of sleepers will be most at ease on each mattress.
The WinkBed hybrid, made by a company that makes their products one at a time, is available. What about Saatva, the parent business of Loom & Leaf, which provides an eco-friendly memory foam mattress?
Quick Comparison: WinkBeds and Loom & Leaf
- Support that is well spread.
- Heat loss is reduced.
- Ideal for those who are larger in stature.
Loom & Leaf
- It’s as if you’ve been lovingly cuddled.
- Affordable luxury in the form of a bed.
- Heat loss is reduced.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
In order to make shipping as simple as possible, this product combines coils with foam.
Designed for breathability, the Tencel cover is made of cellulose fibers. In terms of height, the Luxury Firm mattress is 13.5 inches, while the other firmness options may vary. We’ll focus on the structure of the Luxury Firm model because it’s a good fit for a wide range of sleep preferences.
- Gel-infused Hypersoft foam fills the first two inches of the Euro-Pillow top. This is supposed to cushion and relieve pressure, as well as regulate the temperature.
- The SupportCell foam in the second layer, which measures 2.5 inches thick, should provide further support and ease of entry into the coil unit.
- A 5-zone pocketed coil arrangement is housed in the innerspring layer. These coils are supposed to decrease the transfer of motion. Compression and support are provided where they are most needed by the five distinct zones.
- The base layer is a 1 inch thick support foam that is designed to absorb motion and provide a solid foundation for the rest of the components.
The company’s website does not include all of the product’s specifications.
Loom & Leaf Construction
This is an all-foam product that does not need to be compressed before shipping.
The organic cotton cover that sits atop this 12-inch bed is GOTS-certified. Using a natural thistle flame retardant, the cover reduces the amount of chemicals used in the product We’ll take a closer look at the Relaxed Firm model, which is one of two available from the company.
- Memory foam and a Spinal Zone Gel panel cover the top layer, which is 3 inches thick. In addition to relieving pressure, the gel also aids in cooling and proper spinal alignment.
- The Transition Loft Pad, which is 2 inches thick, is sandwiched between the two layers. Support and deep contouring should be provided to the sleeper to act as a stopgap between the comfort and support levels.
- The mattress’s 6-inch High-Density Foam Core is located in the bottom layer and is designed to stabilize the entire mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
By assigning a number of 1 to 10, our comfort (firmness) scale helps determine the feel of each product. One is as soft as a baby’s bottom, while ten is like standing on concrete.
Luxury Firm by WinkBed has a rating of 6.5, which indicates a medium-to-firm feel. While the Firmer and Plus models have higher scores (8.5 and 8.5, respectively), the Softer and Firmer models have lower ones (4.5 and 4.5 respectively).
The medium-firm choice from Loom & Leaf, the Relaxed Firm, has a score of 6. The firm’s version is rated 7.5 out of 10.
Customers who prefer a medium, medium-firm, or firm feel will find excellent selections in these two brands. If you like a soft or medium-soft level of comfort, WinkBed is your best bet. Those who prefer to sleep on their sides will find this information very useful.
Fast-response materials should be used to keep the sleeper from feeling confined. It has a cover that cradles your shape at the surface, as well as a fast-responding layer and foams that reshape slightly quicker than many typical memory materials. A variety of cooling methods are available to prevent overheating.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
This soft cradle should be possible with both brands. The quick-response foams and little sinkage of both mattresses should make it easy for sleepers to switch positions. WinkBed is a fantastic alternative if repositioning is a major worry, as the all-foam option provides less bounce, while the hybrid provides good bounce from the bottom coils.
Comparing Motion Transfer
With many layers of foam to absorb movement, restless lovers should have minimal impact on the mattress. Loom & Leaf may be a good option if motion control is important to you due to your light sleep habits, since its all-foam design should dampen vibrations better than the springs of a traditional hybrid.
Comparing Edge Support
If you sleep with a partner, a child, or a pet, or just want to hug the edge of the bed at night, edge support may be a must for you. Most all-foam bed-in-a-box products offer less support and compression than memory foam beds. The WinkBed, on the other hand, has an edge-to-edge coil system that should be more stable for those who are concerned about edge support.
WinkBeds and Loom & Leaf Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Features||WinkBeds||Loom & Leaf|
|Materials||Foams and coils||Memory and poly foams|
|Cooling||Pocketed coils, cooling gel, Tencel© fabric||Cooling gel, breathable cover|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Minimal upper bounce, moderate deeper bounce||Minimal|
|Trial Period||120 nights||180 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|CertiPUR-US®, GOTS-Certified Organic Cotton|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the continental United States||Free White Glove Delivery in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||WinkBeds Price (w/o discount)||Loom & Leaf Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,756|
Should I Buy WinkBeds or Loom & Leaf?
Are you still undecided between all-foam and hybrid products? The easiest way to figure out which bed is perfect for you is to have a look at its most important aspects.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBeds if You are Looking for:
- Superior customer service. A mattress with a 5-zoned coil structure and reinforced edges should be stable for practically any buyer. For heavier sleepers, there is a Plus variant that provides even more support.
- Improved dynamic range. In theory, the coil design should give plenty of bounce while while helping to limit motion transfer in the surrounding tissues.
- A softer choice for a more restful night’s sleep. There is a medium to firm level of firmness in both companies. WinkBed’s plusher mattress is a good alternative if you’re looking for a more comfortable mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying Loom & Leaf if You are Looking for:
- It’s better for the environment. Organic cotton, natural fire barriers, and low emission materials guarantee an antimicrobial sleep experience that is also environmentally responsible.
- It’s all about the foam here. The all-foam design of this mattress provides a number of benefits, including improved motion control and pressure reduction. Even though the foam is substantial, a soft cradle and cooling characteristics help prevent overheating.
- A novel method of delivery. Customers won’t have to wait for their bed to decompress before they can use it because it will be fully constructed and compressed-free. White Glove service is provided free of charge by the provider, so you don’t have to worry about getting your new bed set up.
Customers looking for pressure relief, cooling, and a medium to firm level of comfort can’t go wrong with either brand. You may find WinkBed appealing to people who want softness, as well as those who want a little more bounce and edge support. Shoppers looking for an eco-friendly product with low motion transmission and greater pressure relief can consider the memory bed.
Visit our in-depth evaluations for each brand to acquire a better understanding of these items.