The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and the Saatva are two of the greatest hybrid mattresses on the market. The build and feel of each of these mattresses is unique. Here are some of the significant distinctions between the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva mattresses. Ultimately, you’ll be able to determine which mattress is best for you.
- Leesa vs. Saatva Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 11/2023
- How Much Does A Mattress Cost? Factors Influencing Mattress Price Update 11/2023
- Nectar vs. Helix Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 11/2023
- Nectar vs. Tuft And Needle Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 11/2023
- Brooklyn Aurora vs. Nolah Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 11/2023
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora vs Saatva Overview
High-quality mattresses are a Brooklyn Bedding specialty. In addition to the Brooklyn Bedding Titan and the Plank mattress, the Aurora is also available from this manufacturer. Additionally, most of their mattresses come in three firmness levels, proving their commitment to providing mattresses that are tailored to the needs of each unique sleeper.
Inexpensive premium bedding from Brooklyn Bedding, the Aurora. Those who need a sensitive, slow-moving mattress or those who sleep hot will enjoy this one.
Another well-known mattress brand is Saatva, and with good cause. Each Saatva mattress is custom-made to provide the best level of support and comfort possible. This is also true with the Saatva original, of which we’ll be taking a look at today. Its typical, springy sensation makes it one of the most popular mattresses available today.
Who Should Get The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Mattress
- Some people are looking for a more bouncy, foam-like experience.
- Those who enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Those who are looking for a more affordable alternative.
Who Should Get The Saatva Mattress
- Those who prefer the feel and support of a regular spring mattress as a sleeping surface.
- Weighty snoozers.
- People looking for a pillow-top mattress with a soft, velvety feel.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora vs Saatva Mattress Video Comparison
Take a look at our video comparison of the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva beds.
Similarities Between The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva?
- Both hybrid mattresses have coils in their construction, and they are both hybrid mattresses.
- Because they are springy and bouncy, these shoes are a breeze to walk on.
- Both mattresses should maintain a comfortable temperature while you sleep.
- Both mattresses are firmer than the average one.
Check out our Brooklyn Bedding mattress comparisons to discover how the Aurora compares up against other popular models.
Key Differences Between The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva?
- When compared to the Saatva, the Aurora will have a more responsive memory foam feel.
- Both mattresses are breathable, but the Aurora is expected to sleep cooler.
- Compared to the Saatva, the Aurora will be more cheap.
Check out our Saatva mattress comparisons for even more fantastic information.
Firmness and Feel Differences
When deciding which mattress is best for you, don’t forget to take firmness and feel into account. While firmness is a matter of personal preference, stomach, back, and side sleepers all benefit from a firmer mattress. Take a look at the firmness and feel of these two mattresses.
How Firm Are The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva?
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora mattress has a firmness rating of 6.5/10, which is considered medium firm by the mattress industry. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that the Aurora mattress is available in gentle, medium, and firm firmnesses. We ranked the medium option as our favorite.
Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm are all firmness options for the Saatva. Specifically, we’ll be looking at the Luxury Firm model. Our firmness rating for this mattress is a 7 out of 10, making it slightly firmer than the norm.
Sleeping On the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora mattress is ideal for back sleepers. Back sleepers should keep their hips aligned with their spines to provide a comfortable night’s rest. On account of the Aurora’s lack of plushness, side sleepers may experience discomfort in their hips and shoulders. Brooklyn Bedding Aurora’s firmest option should provide decent support for stomach sleepers. One of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers, the Aurora raises the hips so they’re aligned with the spine.
For back sleepers, the Saatva mattress is an excellent option. Plush pillow top and strong texture combine to provide good support for the lower back. An excellent choice for anyone with arthritis, back discomfort, or sciatica. This mattress is ideal for side sleepers, however those who sleep on their stomachs may notice some discomfort in their hips and shoulders over time. The Saatva is ideal for stomach sleepers. This sleeping posture requires a mattress that is firm enough to keep the spine in a neutral position.
What Do The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva Mattresses Feel Like?
The Aurora mattress by Brooklyn Bedding is responsive and bouncy. This mattress should not make you feel confined, and you should be able to easily get up and down on it. However, this mattress has a responsive foam sensation thanks to the upper layers of foam, which are hybrid.
Traditional spring mattresses don’t come much better than the Saatva. Soft and velvety on the top, but also bouncy. This mattress, like the Aurora, isn’t going to let you sink in too far.
Average Weight Sleepers – 130lbs – 230lbs
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora should be comfortable for back sleepers of average weight. For side sleepers under 200 pounds, the medium and firm selections should provide adequate support, but those over 230 pounds may have pressure point pain when using these mattresses. It’s a good choice for stomach sleepers, especially if you go for the firmer type.
Even if you sleep on your back, stomach, or side, you’ll enjoy the Saatva. Stomach sleepers’ spines should stay in alignment to prevent lower back pain, while back sleepers will get optimal support. The Saatva’s fluffy cushion top should provide excellent pressure reduction for side sleepers.
Heavyweight Sleepers – Over 230lbs
The Aurora is a good choice for heavier back sleepers. This mattress is suitable for stomach sleepers of all sizes. For heavy side sleepers, this mattress is too firm and they should instead look for a more soft option. If you weigh more than 300 pounds, you may want to look into one of the finest mattresses for obese individuals.
Saatva is a good mattress for back sleepers who need a lot of support. A similar level of support and comfort should be experienced by stomach sleepers. Due to the greater compression of the coils, heavier side sleepers may actually feel more comfort than lighter side sleepers. The Saatva HD, which was specifically designed for larger people, may be a good option for heavier individuals.
Lightweight Sleepers – Under 130lbs
Lightweight back sleepers will appreciate the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora. Even if you select for one of the harder alternatives, side sleepers may experience some discomfort. Lighter side sleepers may require the softest option if they decide to go with this option for pressure reduction. Weight-conscious stomach sleepers will appreciate how well supported they are on this bed.
The Saatva mattress is ideal for back and stomach sleepers. However, the medium-firm and firm alternatives may be too stiff for lighter side sleepers.. Some side sleepers may not sink far enough into the mattress to adequately relieve their body of pressure.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva Performance Differences
Choosing a mattress based on how well it performs should be a major consideration. Many factors must be taken into account, whether you’re a hot sleeper, a couple, or just looking for something that will last for a long time. Let’s take a closer look at the Aurora and Saatva mattresses from Brooklyn Bedding.
Sleeping Hot or Cold
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is a superior option for hot sleepers, even with the Saatva cover. One of the most breathable hybrid mattresses on the market thanks to its TitanFlex and CopperFlex foam and the Phase Change material in its cover.
However, the Saatva’s design incorporates coils to help with airflow. Moreover, the organic cover is expected to improve the mattress’s breathability compared to other options on the market.
Because motion transfer impacts whether or not you’ll be woken up in the middle of the night by your partner’s snoring, it’s very crucial for couples to think about.
As a result of Aurora’s firmness and bounce, it does a poor job of isolating motion. This mattress, on the other hand, has coils that are individually wrapped, allowing it to better isolate motion than other coil-based mattresses.
There is a lot of motion transmission on the Saatva, and couples may be woken up by it while they sleep. The greatest mattresses for couples can be found here if this is essential to you.
When it comes to choosing a mattress, edge support is a crucial issue for both partners. Edge support is adequate in the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora. Sitting or sleeping on the edge of the bed should be comfortable. However, if you were to bend down and tie your shoe, there might be some wiggle room.
When it comes to edge support, Saatva comes out on top. Sitting or sleeping on the edge of the Saatva is safe and secure, no matter how far you bend down.
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is a long-lasting mattress because of the high-quality materials used in its manufacturing, especially the individually wrapped coils.
A similar tale is told by the Saatva. As a result, it is a long-lasting mattress with high-quality coils. Both mattresses should last between seven and ten years.
Off-gassing may occur because the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora mattress is a bed-in-a-box mattress. Within 24 to 48 hours, however, this should subside.
There is no off-gassing with the Saatva because it is not shipped compressed in a cardboard box.
When you first buy one of these mattresses, you won’t hear any noise from it. It’s possible, though, that both of them will squeak over time due to the presence of coils in their constructions.
Having a bouncy mattress like the Brooklyn Aurora mattress should make intercourse easier for couples. Sexy people will enjoy this mattress.
In addition, the Saatva is a responsive mattress that won’t cause partner sinkage. It is, in fact, one of the best sex mattresses on the market today. No matter whatever mattress you choose, you won’t be disappointed.
Check out our warranties, sleep trials, and return policies for Brooklyn’s Bedding and Saatva.
There is a 10-year warranty on the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora.
As an added benefit, Saatva offers a 15-year limited warranty.
During the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora’s 120-night sleep trial, you will have plenty of time to decide whether or not you like the mattress.
After you buy a Saatva mattress, you can sleep on it for 180 nights risk-free.
For those who aren’t satisfied with their purchase, the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora provides free exchanges and no-fee returns. Before returning or exchanging, you must, however, use the mattress for 30 days. Hawaii, Canada, and Alaska residents are exempt from the no-return fines.
For a $99 transportation fee, you can return your Saatva mattress if you aren’t satisfied with it within the sleep trial period. In addition to this, they provide a complete refund.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Two coil units and memory foam components combine to form a hybrid structure. There will be no compression during shipping, so you can expect it to arrive as-is. You won’t have to worry about how to set up your new bed because we offer free White Glove delivery.
GuardinR, an antibacterial treatment, has been applied to the 3-inch Euro Top of this bed. 14.5-inch and 11-inch heights are available for this mattress. The following construction breakdown will highlight the differences between the two iterations.
- In addition to the cushion top, there is a lumbar support augmentation beneath it. Support and pressure relief are provided by the use of memory foam and wires.
- In the second layer, there is an oil system that has been separately wrapped. Airflow and motion isolation are two additional benefits of these coils, in addition to their ability to conform to your body.
- Steel coil units form the foundation of the structure. Sagging can be avoided by using recycled steel that has been tempered to produce a stable base.
- The perimeter of the mattress is comprised of a high-density foam to ensure a consistent level of comfort and support throughout the night.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
This mattress-in-a-box is a latex substitute, foam and coil hybrid. There are a variety of firmness options for this mattress.
This bed incorporates TitanCoolTM phase-changing technology in the cotton cover, which helps to keep the sleeper cool. 13 inches tall is the height of this mattress.
- At 1.5 inches thick, the top layer is Copper Gel EnergexTM With TitanCoolTM. This should help to reduce the risk of overheating and soften the pressure on the joints.
- Two-inch-thick TitanFlexTM binds the second layer together. Depending on the weight of the sleeper, this patented material should give pressure alleviation or support.
- A 1-inch thick Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam fills up the third layer. For those who may sink through the upper layers, this deeper material should provide body-conforming pressure relief. This should serve as a transition between the comfort foams and the support beneath them..
- The 8-inch Quantum EdgeTM Encased Coils are housed in the final layer. Pressure alleviation, motion control, and improved edge support are all goals of these foam-encased, individually pocketed coils.
- The final layer is a one-inch thick Base Support Foam. This will help keep the support structure in place and keep the remainder of the materials in place as well.
Should I Buy Saatva or Brooklyn Aurora?
However, there are a few important differences between the two brands that may appeal to you. Check out our recommendations below to see how they stack up against one another and who they might be most suited for.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- A tingling sensation in the pit of your stomach. The coil-on-coil construction of this mattress is intended to provide better support, bounce, and ventilation. In order to minimize motion transfer, the upper coil system is separately wrapped.
- Multiple ways to relax. Firm, Luxury Firm, and Plush Soft models are all available to customers. Customers can choose between a 14.5-inch thick mattress and an 11.5-inch thin mattress to suit their preferences.
- Properties that fight germs. Antimicrobial characteristics have been added to the product’s cover in an effort to provide a more hygienic sleeping environment.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Multiple ways to relax. Soft, Medium, and Firm alternatives are provided so that those who sleep on their backs, stomachs, or on their sides can find the proper level of support and pressure alleviation.
- This is a hands-on activity. Showrooms that feature Brooklyn Bedding’s products allow customers to test out the Aurora before purchasing it.
- The ability to cool. This mattress features gels, copper, and individually encased coils that are designed to keep customers cool while they sleep.
Are you still trying to make up your mind about which mattress you should buy? If you have any queries concerning our Aurora and Saatva mattresses, we’ve answered them here.
Which Brooklyn Bedding Mattress is best for side sleepers?
It is available in three firmness levels: soft, medium, and firm. Softest firmness level should be suitable for side sleepers because they prefer a softer mattress.
Do Saatva mattresses sag over time?
The Saatva mattress should not sag over time due to the coils and high-quality construction. It is, in reality, a very long-lasting mattress.
Which Saatva is best for side sleepers?
For those who prefer to sleep on their sides, the Saatva Classic is an excellent option. Because it’s a firm mattress with a plush cushion top layer, it should be able to alleviate pressure points effectively.
Does the Saatva sleep cool?
Although hybrid mattresses are known for sleeping hotter than other kinds, the Saatva was created to do the opposite and keep its users cool. It should be reasonably cool to sleep on because of the coils in its structure.