Is a custom-made bed what you are looking for? Your new mattress will be built to your specifications by one of these companies when you purchase one of their mattresses.
Both Brooklyn Aurora and WinkBed will be pitted against each other in this competition. We’ll tell you what the best aspects of each model are, and which shoppers benefit most from them.
Our in-depth product reviews will offer you a firsthand look at both beds:
Quick Comparison: Brooklyn Aurora and WinkBed
- Additional cooling capabilities.
- Affordable luxury in a high-end bed.
- Three firmness options are available.
- Support that is well spread.
- Retains less heat.
- Suitable for heavier people.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
Foam and coils are used in the construction of this high-end hybrid bed. This item is compressed before it is shipped in a box by the company.
This 13-inch mattress has a phase-changing cotton cover that helps regulate temperature.
- 1.5 inches of copper gel-infused EnergexTM foam with TitanCoolTM technology are found on the top layer. In order to minimize bodily imprints, this material is sensitive.
- TitanFlexTM, a 2-inch latex-alternative, completes the second layer. Customers are supposed to feel the material’s contouring and bounce.
- Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam is an inch thick in the third layer. This layer is packed with gel to help keep the sleeper cool as they rest on the mattress.
- The fourth layer is comprised of Quantum EdgeTM Pocketed Coils, which are 8 inches tall and respond to the weight, position, and movement of the sleeper.
- An inch of base foam in the base layer provides stability for the upper materials.
- Reinforced coils are used around the periphery to ensure a strong edge.
The usage of Tencel within this cover helps to regulate temperature and wick away moisture. The mattress has a height of 13.5 inches, but some firmness selections may have a slightly different height. An explanation of how the Luxury Firm version is put together is presented here.
- Hypersoft Gel Foam is used in the first layer, which is 2 inches thick and designed to conform to the body. The Tencel cover is quilted with this to create a beautiful EuroTop mattress.
- For enhanced comfort, the second layer is 2.5 inches of SupportCell foam.
- Pocketed Tempered Steel Coils of 8 inches in height make up the innerspring layer. There is plenty of airflow thanks to the design’s pockets, which also provide a deep amount of bounce and contouring. Edge-to-edge coils prevent sagging along the perimeter of this layer, which offers zone support.
- Polyfoam is used in the base to provide a solid foundation for the entire bed.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
On our comfort and firmness rating (learn more here), the Aurora is a real medium 5 out of 10; the business has ranked their softer version at 3 and their harder model at 7 on the Aurora. Shoppers may get a sense of how each item will perform using this 1-10 system, which indicates the item’s hardness. When it comes to firmness, lower scores mean more softness and higher scores mean a firmer bed.
In terms of firmness, WinkBed’s Luxury Firm 6.5 is medium-firm. The softer mattress is rated at 4.5, while the firmer one is rated at 7.5.
Both beds are likely to feel cool to the touch when customers first sit down on them thanks to the use of numerous cooling gels. When the coil systems are active, both products should provide relaxing pressure alleviation and deeper levels of support.
Both mattresses have quick-response materials that allow them to fill in body impressions as people shift positions during the night.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
A gentle cradle should be created by the medium choice of both mattresses, so that customers can sleep on top of their beds rather than “in” them. As a result, you’ll sleep more comfortably because more air can circulate throughout your body. Depending on how much sinkage you prefer, both brands have three different firmness levels to choose from.
The Aurora has a medium amount of bounce. The upper materials of the WinkBed first attenuate the bounce, but the lower springs amplify its presence. There is a lot of bounce in the lower layers, but the upper layers aren’t quite as responsive.
The springy coils and quick-response materials in both models should make it easy for combo sleepers to move around.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Customers who sleep with a partner, a pet, or a child are more likely to select a bed with improved motion control. As both beds have coil units to aid in motion isolation, we expect WinkBed and Aurora to perform similarly in this area.
Comparing Edge Support
Reinforced edges and minimal sinkage allow customers to roll right up to the edge while yet feeling supported by both kinds of rollers. If you prefer to sleep close to the edge of your mattress, either of these beds should be a wonderful choice for you and your partner.
Brooklyn Aurora vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Cotton with a phase change blend||Tencel|
|Materials||Base Foam, Quantum Edge™ Pocketed Coils, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, TitanFlex™, and Copper Gel Energex™ Foam||Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocketed Coils, Polyfoam|
|Cooling||Pocketed coils, materials infused with cooling gel and copper, phase change technology in cover||Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils, double coil systems|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Moderate||Minimal upper-level bounce, moderate deeper-level bounce|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the contiguous United States, additional fee required to ship to Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, free White Glove service may be available in showrooms||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)||Winkbed Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||$1,249||N/A|
Should I Buy Brooklyn Aurora or WinkBed?
Which hybrid is best for your needs? Specific beds are best for which customers? Let’s look at our recommendations.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. In order to obtain the right level of comfort, customers can select from Soft, Medium, or Firm models.
- A cool hybrid with extra motion control. Gels, pocketed coils, and other cooling technologies claim to keep devices from overheating. The coil system is supposed to help with motion control, thus multiple layers of foam should help absorb movement.
- Enhanced edge support. Extra-firm coils on the outer edges of the mattress provide this mattress an edge-to-edge advantage.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Individual preferences can be accommodated by a wide range of soft, firm, luxurious, and plush types.
- A cool hybrid with enhanced bounce. Using gels, Tencel fabrics, and pocketed springs, this mattress is designed to regulate temperature. There is a lot of bounce in the mattress because of springs and quick-reacting foams. Repositioning and mobility will be greatly improved.
- Zone support. There are several support zones within the coil unit, including the lumar region, to help alleviate pressure in these places and give outstanding back support.
You’ve come to the correct place if you’re looking for a cool hybrid mattress with a selection of firmness levels to pick from. By providing outstanding edge support and a lot of bounce, the Aurora takes their hybrid game to a whole new level. Motion transfer is reduced and lumbar support is improved with WinkBed’s innovative design features.
Check out our separate reviews for each brand at the top of this guide.