A new kind of sleeping experience is possible thanks to our WinkBed vs. Purple comparison, which has two mattresses that combine pressure-relieving body conformity with specific support for your curves.
Is a more traditional approach from an American firm using springs to cradle your weight and comfortably relax your spine more appealing to you, or are you interested in the most recent developments in mattress support systems
If you’re interested in learning more about either of these companies, you can do so by checking out our comprehensive reviews here:
Quick Comparison: WinkBed and Purple
- A wide range of assistance is available.
- Retains less heat.
- Ideal for people with a greater body mass.
- Individuals benefit significantly from the grid system.
- Retains less heat.
- Rearrangement is a cinch.
- Purple’s foam layers effectively absorb motion in the WinkBed, which is constructed with buoyant spring coils.
- The Purple’s Purple Grid, which can be readily compressed, provides a little additional pressure relief. The WinkBed’s foam cushion top is comfortable, but not as effective at reducing pressure.
- With the WinkBed’s pillow top, you get the best of both worlds: it’s both soft and dense at the same time. The Purple Grid has a mushy gel-like feel to it.
- If you prefer a firmer or softer WinkBed, you can choose between three different hardness levels. Only the medium-firm version of the Purple is offered.
- There is a lot of room for airflow in both the Purple and WinkBed mattresses. Both mattresses are excellent for hot sleepers who prefer their mattresses to disperse heat rather than trap it.
- Back sleepers will find comfort and support in both of these mattresses, which are both medium-firm.
WinkBed vs. Purple Video Comparison[youtube url=”https://youtu.be/xzzqA2bAeGY” width=”600″ height=”400″ responsive=”yes” autoplay=”no” mute=”no”]
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
After placing an order, WinkBed does not begin making your hybrid mattress until you receive it at your door in a compacted cardboard box.
While the Luxury Firm option is 13.5 inches tall, other firmness selections will vary in height. A tufted Tencel-based cover is used for all of them.
- Gel foam, which is 2 inches thick, cradles the sleeper and provides a soft, responsive surface.
- Adding to the comfort is a 2.5 SupportCell foam layer.
- Eight-inch steel coils are pocketed for motion isolation and have five support zones to ensure the best possible level of support for the lower back.
- A polyfoam base provides additional stability.
With handles, the purple is rolled up and stored in a bag.
In addition to Lycra and Viscose, the cover is a thin polyester blend that covers 9.5 inches of construction components that have just been revised and refurbished. It should be noted that the New Purple design differs slightly from the original in terms of structure.
- Hyper-Elastic PolymerTM, a stretchy gel-like substance that cradles your weight by buckling under pressure yet holds a hard 2-inch height where your body curls inward, is the top layer of the mattress. Edge support is also provided, which is a welcome feature.
- Foam with a 3.5-inch thickness transitions from the polymer layer to the base.
- The solid construction of the mattress’s base layer, which measures four inches in height, provides the mattress with its basis.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
If you want a firmer mattress, WinkBed’s model may be ordered in four different hardness levels; for this comparison, the Luxury Firm was chosen, which scored 6.5 on our scale that ranks mattresses from 1 to 10. In terms of softness, purple gets a rating of 6.
If you prefer to sleep on your side, stomach, or back, a mattress in this category can accommodate your sleeping preferences. Soft enough to provide decent pressure relief yet firm enough to keep the spine aligned for the majority of sleepers.
The micro-coil layer has been replaced by a SupportCell foam layer on WinkBed’s most recent redesign. On top of the bed’s high-performance support unit, this foam addition gives even more pressure alleviation. If you want a softer mattress, the Soft version is for you. If you prefer a firmer mattress, the Firm is for you.
As a result of its unique quick-response technology, Purple delivers a wide range of comfort levels for diverse body types. The gel-like grid’s bending and buckling will be influenced by the individual’s shape. Those with more curvy bodies are more likely to have buckling, while those with straighter and lighter bodies are less likely to experience it.
While the trial period is helpful for this mattress, keep in mind that this is a brand-new technology that will take some time to get used to. As a result, give yourself some time before making any final decisions.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Temperature management is a benefit of both mattresses, as they both softly cradle most bodies closer to the surface. However, the Purple’s unique technology may cause curvier bodies to enjoy deeper cradling.
While both Purple and WinkBed have bounce, Purple’s originates from its surface, and WinkBed’s comes from every layer of its composition. Repositioning will be easier with innersprings, but both options should be quite easy to move around on.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Purple’s foam base may allow it to outperform WinkBed’s individually wrapped coils in terms of motion transfer compared to standard innersprings with a linked chassis. Even so, couples who share a bed will likely be able to sleep undisturbed by the restlessness of the other person in either brand.
Comparing Edge Support
Using edge-to-edge coils, WinkBed secures your weight whether you sit or sleep at the perimeter of the bed. Compression can be felt at Purple’s edges due to a few design tweaks that have been implemented throughout time.
Individuals who share a mattress will want to optimize the amount of room they have available, and reinforced edges can be a significant consideration.
WinkBed vs. Purple Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Tencel© fabric||Polyester, Lycra, and Viscose|
|Materials||Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocket Coils, Support Foam||Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ grid-like system over poly foams|
|Cooling||Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils||Proprietary polymer does not retain any heat|
|Sinkage||Gentle cradle||Gentle Cradle, Deep Hug; depends on your position|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||101 nights||100 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the continental United States||Ships to U.S. and also Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)||Purple Price (w/o discount)|
Shipping and Returns for WinkBeds & Purple
In addition to free shipping, WinkBeds clients have the option of paying $149 for white glove delivery. In addition, they are given a 120-night trial. Returning an item for a full refund or exchanging it for $49.00 is your only option after 30 nights. A 60-night sleep trial is given to mattresses that are exchanged.
The original owner of a WinkBeds mattress is entitled to one replacement mattress under the company’s lifetime warranty. You can also take advantage of WinkBeds’ “Any Reason” replacement guarantee, which gives you a 50% discount on a new mattress after the trial time.
Purple’s mattresses come with free shipping. During the trial period, returns and exchanges are both free of charge. At least 21 nights of use are required before a full refund may be issued, so be sure to read the fine print. Mattresses that have been swapped are still eligible for the original trial period.
With Purple’s 10-year warranty, clients are still protected after the sleep trial finishes. First-time purchasers of mattresses are eligible to receive a free replacement for a damaged mattress within the first decade of ownership.
It’s worth noting that if you buy your mattress from a different online mattress shop like Amazon, the trial time and return policy may differ.
Should I Buy WinkBed or Purple?
Both options offer excellent support, so it’s really a matter of personal preference when it comes to how they feel and which qualities correspond to your ideal night’s sleep.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- A more traditional feel. There are a lot of sleepers out there who are familiar with innerspring and foam mattresses, but the more modern elements of this brand give them a fresh take on a classic with curved coils and heat-wicking foams that keep the temperature low.
- Thicker mattress. This brand’s mattress rises 13.5 inches above the floor, making it ideal for people who weigh a lot and are concerned about sinking through thin mattresses.
- Edge support. You’ll appreciate this brand’s superior edge strengthening if you spend a lot of time sitting or sleeping on the edge. Having a shared space means that couples will be able to spread out without danger of rolling over onto the ground.
We Would Recommend Buying Purple if You are Looking for:
- Brand new technology. According to current scientific studies, Purple’s supporting Hyper-Elastic PolymerTM provides a one-of-a-kind sleep experience
- Motion isolation. In spite of the mattress’s surface bounce, the foam base helps to capture any movements at their source, which should keep light-sleeping persons from being disturbed.
- More budget-friendly choice. Depending on the size you select, this brand can save you anywhere from $100 to $300 over the competition.
Although it may be difficult to say no to a new twist on an old favorite, even a mattress that is based on cutting-edge rocket science is hard to resist. Choosing between two support systems that offer a unique combination of pressure reduction and spine alignment is a challenge.
Our in-depth evaluations at the beginning of this comparison may provide the answers you’re looking for if you still have questions.