Woohoo! It’s mattress shopping season! Not sure where to begin your search for a new bed? If you’re trying to decide between two different online mattress companies, our Casper vs. Brooklyn Aurora comparison can help.
All-foam mattresses from Casper are made by a well-known and cheap company. Created by a family-owned business, Brooklyn Bedding’s hybrid mattress is a labor of love that aims to provide cleaner products that alleviate allergies.
Quick Comparison: Casper vs. Brooklyn Aurora
- Sleeping position and weight class.
- Foam mattresses have more bounce than their springier counterparts.
- The ability to react quickly.
- Increased ability to regulate body temperature.
- Affordable luxury in a high-end bed.
- Three firmness options are available.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
The compressed nature of this foam mattress makes it ideal for transporting in a box.
This 11-inch bed has a removable polyester cover for easy spot-cleaning.
- With its perforated design, Proprietary Comfort Foam, the top layer should be more breathable and springy.
- Additionally, the second layer of the garment has Zoned SupportTM, which should provide a firmer hip support and less compressive knee and shoulder support.
- In the base layer, a Dense Foam Layer serves as a sturdy foundation for the entire mattress.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
When it is sent, this high-end hybrid product is compressed to fit into a small box.
The phase-changing thermo knitting on the cover of this 13-inch bed should keep you cool and comfy as you sleep.
- EnergexTM Foam combined with temperature-regulating Copper Gel forms the first layer. The phase-changing technology used by TitanCoolTM further enhances cooling. This material should be pliable and able to alleviate discomfort.
- TitanFlexTM, a 2-inch latex-alternative, is housed in the second layer. The deep contouring of this hyper-elastic material should deliver plenty of bounce.
- The final layer is 1 inch thick Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam. As a motion-isolating transition between the comfort layers and the supporting coils, cooling gel supports temperature regulation.
- The 8-inch Pocketed Coils in the fourth layer are designed to produce various levels of pushback based on the sleeper’s posture, which should improve airflow and tailored compression.
- Insulation from the coils above is provided by an inch-thick Foam Base.
- The reinforced Quantum EdgeTM Coils running around the outside of this bed should give substantial edge support..
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Each mattress has been assigned a firmness rating from 1 to 10, based on our comfort (firmness) scale. There are two levels of firmness: a score of 1 is whisper-soft, and a score of 10 is like concrete.
Casper has a firmness rating of 6 out of 10. This mattress’s zoned sections should ensure that buyers receive the required support or compression to maintain good spinal alignment regardless of their preferred position, even if they feel this comfort level to be slightly stiffer than a true medium.
Aurora has a rating of 5 out of 5. Firmer models are rated at 7 and softer ones at 3 by the manufacturer. For shoppers, the individually pocketed coil system should be flexible enough to support them in any sleeping position.
In this Casper mattress, the responsiveness of the materials is exceptional. In the Aurora, the third memory foam layer could take longer to respond, but the other layers are quite responsive. This should make it easier for people who use both beds to get out of bed in the morning.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Customers should float on a Gentle Cradle that provides pressure relief and airflow in order to minimize sinkage. As a result of Casper’s zonal support, the shoulders and knees may sink deeper, which should assist alleviate pressure. The Aurora’s coil system, which is meant to compress when the weight of the sleeper is concentrated in one region, may have a comparable effect.
Allowing people to roll around on their mattress without feeling “stuck,” both beds should have modest levels of bounce. However, if mobility is a high priority, the hybrid may have greater bounce due to the coils, but the coils reduce this.
Comparing Motion Transfer
In the event that you sleep in the same bed as a partner or child, you may be looking for a way to limit the amount of movement you feel from them. Both beds should be able to provide a good night’s sleep for most people.
All-foam mattresses, on the other hand, should be able to absorb motion more easily if you are a light sleeper. As a result, the hybrid coils may be able to handle greater motion than conventional coils.
Comparing Edge Support
Customers should be able to roll right up to the edge of their mattress without fear of being flung from the bed if the mattress’s edge support is above average. The Aurora’s strengthened edge coils should provide a consistent feel over the entire mattress surface for anyone looking for more edge support. Couples will be able to spread out a little more now that this feature has been implemented.
Casper vs. Brooklyn Aurora Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Cover||Polyester||Cotton, phase-change thermo knitting|
|Materials||Polyfoams and comfort foam||TitanFlex™, Copper Gel Energex™ Foam, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, base foam, Quantum Edge™ Pocketed Coils|
|Cooling||Airflow in top layer||Phase-changing technology, cooling gels, copper, coils|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping available to the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK, and Switzerland, In-Home service available in some areas||Free to the contiguous United States, additional fee Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada, White Glove service may be available for showroom purchases|
|Made in the USA||Yes, cover is assembled in Mexico||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$1,249|
Should I Buy Casper or Brooklyn Aurora?
Ready to buy a new mattress? Check out the products below to see how they stack up against your list of priorities.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned assistance. The knees and shoulders benefit from the design of this device, which includes pressure-relieving zones. In order to avoid hip sinkage and improve spinal alignment, a firmer zone is employed.
- An all-foam adventure. This product’s dense materials are designed to absorb the majority of motions, resulting in improved motion control. Customers can expect improved pressure alleviation and a mild sinking sensation, creating a comfortable cradling effect.
- A well-known brand at a reasonable price. In the world of internet sleep, Casper is a household name. Customers wishing to save a few dollars will be able to afford their mattress because of its low pricing.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Dedicated assistance. Due to its individually pocketed coil structure, this bed should be able to accommodate different body types and weight distributions without compromising comfort. This should make it possible for people to sleep in whichever posture they like.
- A lively mix of the two. As the materials quickly return to their natural state, this mattress should provide enough of bounce so that people may easily get in and out of it. Pressure relief should be provided by the higher layers, while the lower springs are designed to be more supporting around the perimeter…
- Improved airflow. Cooling gels, copper, and phase-changing technology promise to keep you cool all night. Allowing air to move between the springs prevents heat from piling up in a single area.
There is nothing wrong with either mattress. Both firms put customer satisfaction at the top of their priority list and seek to meet the needs of their customers.
Learn more about each product by reading our reviews.