It appears that your mattress search has focused on a hybrid design.
- Alexander Signature Hybrid vs. Saatva Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Leesa vs. Saatva Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Layla Hybrid vs. Winkbeds Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Plushbeds vs. Brentwood Cedar Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
- Saatva vs. Tempurpedic Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best? Update 09/2023
In our DreamCloud Premier vs. Brooklyn Aurora comparison, we have two fantastic hybrids battling for your attention.
DreamCloud is confident in their goods since they have 100 years of combined sleep industry experience behind them. Two brothers started Brooklyn Bedding from the ground up, using a repurposed delivery truck. A nice mattress doesn’t have to cost a fortune, according to both brands.
Quick Comparison: DreamCloud Premier vs. Brooklyn Aurora
- Luxurious accommodations for a reasonable price.
- Retaining walls.
- Pressure-relieving comfort.
- Additional cooling capabilities.
- Affordable luxury in a high-end bed.
- There are three options for stiffness.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
DreamCloud Premier Construction
You have the option of having the bed delivered in a box or having it assembled by a team of experts. Two layers of soft memory foam and a cashmere blend material make up the EuroTop, which is 2 inches thick.
- Total height: 14 inches. Five-layer: 14 inches tall.
- A soft traditional foam layer lies beneath the cover. In order to alleviate painful pressure points, this 2.5-inch thick foam is used.
- A 1-inch thick sheet of ordinary conventional foam is used as the foundation. In order to keep you from sinking too far into the mattress, this layer has been engineered to give enough resistance to keep you from feeling the bottom coil unit.
- The 8.5-inch-thick coil unit at the bottom of the bed is designed to keep you cool as you sleep. Couples will benefit from this mattress’ perimeter coils since they give edge support and reduce motion transmission, making it easier to get a good night’s sleep together.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
This mattress is a combination of foam, latex, and coils. This item will be sent to you in a box that has been compressed for easy transportation.
The phase-changing TitanCool fabric is combined with a comfortable cotton cover on this 13-inch bed to help reduce overheating.
- 1.5 inches of Copper Gel EnergexTM With TitanCool, an alternative to latex, make up the top layer. This layer’s cooling characteristics are designed to assist keep the wearer cool and prevent overheating.
- TitanFlexTM is held in place by the second layer, which is 2 inches high. For heavier or lighter parts of the body, this should give support or pressure relief that is tailored to the sleeper’s weight.
- Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam makes up the final layer, which is one inch thick. In order to help heavier sleepers who sink through the comfort materials, this should help shape and relieve pressure in the deepest possible ways. When switching from one level of support to another, this should serve as a transitional piece.
- Eight-inch Quantum EdgeTM Encased Coils make up the fourth layer. In order to absorb motion, this coil system uses foam casing and an individually pocketed design. There should be support and pressure relief provided by the coils.
- One-inch-thick Base Support Foam forms the foundation of the mattress. Additionally, this material helps reduce motion transmission and provides additional support to the mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Both brands were evaluated on a scale of 1-10 based on their firmness, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest. This will help decide which mattress is best suited to the individual’s preferred sleeping position.
DreamCloud Premier is a 5.5 on the firmness scale, which means it’s in between a medium and a medium-firm. Most people should be able to sleep well in this. With a luxurious cover and pocket coils, this mattress provides both pressure relief and support depending on the weight and position of the sleeper.
Phase-changing technology is quilted into the soft and cool cover of the Aurora and is offered in a variety of comfort levels. In terms of quality, the medium choice ranks at a 5, the soft option at 3, and the firm option at 7. If you sleep on your side or stomach, you may prefer a softer mattress since it provides more support for your shoulders and hips.
If you’re searching for a true middle of the road experience, either of these brands is a good fit. Those who like a more supple or stronger feel may prefer the Aurora.
Material properties suggest that both items should be able to quickly reshape and regenerate. Both beds should be easy to get in and out of for those who choose to sleep in different positions.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
For those who like to sleep in a more peaceful cradle, Aurora is the better option.
The coil technology with the deeper latex substance in the third layer of DreamCloud Premier should produce mild bounce. Aurora’s second TitanFlexTM layer, which acts like bouncy latex in conjunction with the coil system, should also deliver plenty of bounce, though you’ll likely notice it in the upper layers. In order to avoid feeling like you’re “trapped” in the foam, both products should allow for easy repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
When it comes to motion control, both manufacturers fall midway between between all-foam and innerspring mattresses. Innersprings, on the other hand, generally allow movement to propagate throughout the entire coil system, whilst all-foam models tend to absorb the greatest energy. With their substantial layers and individually pocketed coils, both of these beds should provide good motion isolation and reduce the amount of movement.
Most people don’t give much thought to motion transmission when shopping for a mattress. Co-sleepers and persons with wiggly dogs who place a high value on this feature should be satisfied with either type of hybrid mattress.
Comparing Edge Support
The DreamCloud’s reinforced coils and Aurora’s Quantum Edge support systems should give greater edge support for those who sleep or sit on the edge of the mattress. Customers who like to stretch out on the edge of the mattress or who have pets or are traveling with a companion may find this to be a useful feature.
DreamCloud Premier and Brooklyn Aurora Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Features||DreamCloud Premier||Brooklyn Aurora|
|Cover||CASHEX cashmere blend Quilted EuroTop||Cotton with phase changing fabric knitted into it|
|Materials||Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils||Copper Gel Energex™ Foam, TitanFlex™, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, Quantum Edge™
Pocketed Coils, Base Foam
|Cooling||Breathable cover, gel-infused foam||Phase change cooling cover, gel in memory foam, coils, copper in foam|
|Sinkage||Deeper Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional||Free shipping in the contiguous US. Delivery fee for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. White Glove Delivery often available at showrooms|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$1,249|
Brooklyn Aurora vs DreamCloud – Delivery & Unboxing:
If you buy a mattress online, the last thing you want is a delivery or off-gassing issue. And that’s why we kept things simple on our Brooklyn Aurora and DreamCloud models. When your Brooklyn Aurora mattress arrives, it will be in a small, but hefty, package that weighs in at more than 100 pounds. Simply remove the mattress from the box, but don’t remove the plastic, and watch your mattress spring to life.
We recommend giving the mattress at least 24 hours to expand and firm up, although it may only need a few hours. There will be no toxic smells or off-gassing from this mattress, which is created in the United States. After a few hours, you should be able to smell nothing but the freshness of a newly purchased mattress. Allowing it to breathe for a longer period of time is recommended if you have a higher threshold for odors.
So, you’ve decided on the Brooklyn Aurora as your next sleeping companion. Visit BrooklynBedding.com for additional information and to shop.
DreamCloud mattresses are sent in a 94-pound package for the same reason. The initial step is to simply move the mattress to its final destination with the help of a second set of hands. You may then tear away the plastic and watch as your mattress expands as you take it out of the box.
The off-gassing from your DreamCloud should be as low as possible. But bear in mind that this mattress isn’t created in the United States, which could alter the smell. Orders for DreamCloud mattresses must be shipped to addresses inside the continental United States. This indicates that it will be kept in plastic for a longer period of time than other mattresses created in the United States. When it’s rolled up, it can take a little longer to extend all the way. The odour should dissipate when the DreamCloud expands to its maximum capacity. We recommend allowing it to breathe for at least 24 hours if you are particularly sensitive to odours.
Should I Buy DreamCloud Premier or Brooklyn Aurora?
The two items should have a hybrid feel, better edge support, and moderate motion control.
How do you pick the best bed for you when there are so many similar ones? You’ll likely make your choice depending on the qualities that appeal to you the most. Keep reading to discover which mattress is best for you.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- Luxury at a reasonable price. The plush cover and many layers of plush foam should feel opulent and opulently welcoming. Everyone can get their hands on this high-quality product thanks to the low pricing.
- Coils for the EuroTop. Classic coils topped with a pillowy finish are a great option if you love the feel, bounce, and ventilation of a traditional mattress.
- Having a little more time to think about your purchase. A year-long trial period is offered by the company so that you can test out your new bed before making a final decision.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Inventions in cooling technology. Individually pocketed coils, phase-changing fabric, copper gels, and gel-infused memory materials should keep you from overheating on this bed.
- There are numerous ways to relax. Customers can select from three different comfort levels: Soft, Medium, or Firm.
- A shopping adventure that puts you in direct contact with the product. Customers can test out their new bed in person at one of the company’s Arizona-based brick-and-mortar locations.
If you’re looking for a mattress that can accommodate a wide range of tastes, you’ll be happy with either of these selections. Both have a low sinkage and bounce, thus they should be suitable for combo sleepers.
Remember to read our in-depth reviews of each mattress to get a better sense of which one is right for you.