Looking to eliminate the middleman from the purchase of a new bed by cutting out the filler in your current mattress?
Choosing between a latex mattress made by a family-owned, factory-direct firm that also loves organic and natural materials, or a hybrid made by a family-owned, factory-direct company that also values organic and natural materials is the goal of this comparison.
Quick Comparison: PlushBeds vs. Nest Bedding Owl
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
- I’m looking for a jolt.
- Sleeping with a sweaty body is not recommended.
Nest Bedding Owl
- Experience the familiar springy sensation of yesteryear.
- Exceptional support for the edges.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
The compressed latex mattress is supplied to you in a box.
New Zealand wool is sandwiched between the organic circular-knit cotton cover and the lining. Three alternative heights are available: 9, 10, and 12-inches. The 10-inch model will be the focus of our attention.
- Talalay Latex, a material designed to mold to the body and alleviate pressure points, is the initial layer of the mattress. In addition to the fast responsiveness and bounce, the soft quality is ideal for sensitive areas such as hips and shoulders.
- Dunlop Arpico latex is used for the second layer. This material should provide a firmer amount of support. If you want a stronger or softer comfort setting, you simply unzip the bed’s cover and position it on top or bottom of the mattress.
- Arpico latex is used as the final layer of the base layer. The base of the mattress should be supported by this material.
Nest Bedding Owl Construction
Shipped in a package, this latex and coil combination compresses to fit.
An EcoFlex foam pillow top, encased in organic cotton and stuffed with Joma Wool, sits atop this 12.5-inch mattress for added comfort.
- An OEKO-TEX Dunlop latex of 3-inches is the first layer, which is designed to be responsive and bouncy. Pressure relief is likely to be felt by customers as this material gives way under their feet.
- It’s a 1-inch transitional foam called Eco-Friendly foam by the company.
- The third layer is comprised of CaliberTM Edge pocketed coils that are 6 inches tall. In order to reduce overheating, the device has been designed with a series of pockets. Compression of the coils is aimed to alleviate pressure and isolate motion.
- Finally, a 1-inch thick foam layer serves as a solid foundation for the rest of the mattress’s comfort and coil components.
- The reinforced steel coils on the perimeter of the bed help to keep the mattress sturdy throughout the night. To reduce motion transfer, these springs are covered in cloth.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Botanical Bliss is offered in a medium or medium-firm comfort level. This model is rated at 5 on our scale, while the medium-firm model is rated at 7 to 8 on the same scale. In order to determine the feel of each product, a 1-10 scale is used, with 1 indicating the softest and 10 indicating the firmest.
It has three levels of comfort, a soft 4.5, a medium-soft 6 and a firm 8.5. The position in which a person sleeps can have a significant impact on their comfort preferences. Although the softer version may be more comfortable for side sleepers, stomach sleepers may prefer the firmer form since it keeps their hips from sinking.
Wool inside the cover of the Botanical Bliss gives the mattress a temperature-neutral sensation. Because of the softness of the top fabrics, they should be cool and comfy. Each component of this device is meant to alleviate pressure, from the soft latex to the springs that individually contract in response to the shopper’s position.
The pillow top of the hybrid should be comfortable, distributing weight evenly and relieving pressure. You may rest assured that you’ll have a better night of sleep thanks to this mattress’s coil system.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
In the medium and firm versions of these beds, sinkage is unlikely. People should be able to relax in a comfortable cradle at the very top of their mattress of choice. Hybrid’s softest type may sink in a little more deeply than its firmer counterparts.
In both types, the sleeper is propelled to the top of the mattress by the high levels of bounce that both mattresses give (without throwing them completely out of bed, of course). As a result of the quick reactivity of the latex in both items, this means that combo sleepers will be able to move around more easily.
Comparing Motion Transfer
There may be a lot of motion transfer in each item because of their high bounce. Both mattresses should provide a peaceful night’s sleep for most buyers. The PlushBed, on the other hand, may be a better option for light sleepers or those who share a bed with a snoring partner because of its all-foam construction, which is designed to limit motion transmission.
Comparing Edge Support
If you and your spouse share a bed and could use a little more room, or if you just like to spread out across your mattress, edge support is certainly a priority for you. The Botanical Bliss is constructed of latex, which may cause slight compression when lying on its edge. The reinforced edge coils of the hybrid mattress make it a fantastic alternative for those who need more edge support.
PlushBeds vs. Nest Bedding Owl Compared Side-by-Side[table]
|Height||9”, 10”, 12”||12.5”|
|Cover||Organic circular-knit cotton, New Zealand wool||Organic cotton, Joma Wool, EcoFlex foam|
|Materials||Organic Arpico latex||Dunlop latex, coils|
|Cooling||Wool, breathable cover||Pocketed coils, wool|
|Firmness||5/10, 7.5-8/10||4.5/10, 6.5/10, 8.5/10|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||100 nights||100 nights|
|Certifications||GOTS, GOLS, eco-INSTITUT, GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council||GOTS, OEKO-TEX®, CertiPUR-US®|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the contiguous United States||Free in the continental United States, Canada delivery is available, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||PlushBeds Price (for 10” model w/o discount)||Nest Bedding Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||$3,698||$1,249|
Should I Buy the PlushBed or Nest Bedding Owl?
Is an all-foam or hybrid the right choice for you? Like a Magic 8-Ball, our sleeper picks are like a coin toss… That hopes you get a good amount of rest.
Then have a look at our favorite products.
We Would Recommend Buying the PlushBed if You are Looking for:
- Motion control has been improved. All foam mattresses absorb movement and isolate vibrations so that co-sleepers can sleep peacefully as their partners move around at night.
- Comfort levels can be divided. The split model of this item is available in Queen, King, and Cali King sizes. As a result, co-sleepers can have one side be medium-firm and the other side be medium-soft to meet their own preferences.
- Materials made of living organisms. You may rest easy knowing that the latex and cotton used in this product are both certified organic.
We Would Recommend Buying Nest Bedding if You are Looking for:
- Mobility is not a problem. Latex, materials that reconfigure fast, and a robust spring system all work together to make it easier for customers to move around the mattress.
- Comfortable solutions are available for everyone. Comfort options include soft, medium, and firm, which customers can select based on their personal preferences and needs.
- A typical cross-pollination of cultures. In this combination, the latex provides pressure relief and lumbar support by softly conforming to the body’s contours. Compression of the coil system beneath the weight of the shopper allows for an even deeper level of support and pressure alleviation that is tailored to each person’s unique preferences and body shape.
That’s all there is to it! As a natural product that helps avoid overheating, the PlushBed is ideal for those who want to personalize their comfort level. If you’re looking for a latex hybrid with plenty of bounce, deep compression and support, and the flexibility to adjust your preferred level of comfort, look no further than Nest Bedding’s offering.
Don’t forget to check out our in-depth product reviews for each bed.