Check out our wide selection of unique beds to find the one that’s right for you.
An all-foam item with the bounce of an innerspring and a hybrid with the motion control of a dense memory foam bed will be compared in this Zenhaven-Helix comparison Zenhaven, a Saatva product, aims to deliver a luxurious experience with a dual-sided aesthetic at an accessible price. Helix’s philosophy is that everyone’s sleep patterns are unique, so they’ve developed a variety of products to cater to all of the varied shades of the sleeper’s rainbow… along with a helpful quiz to help you find the ideal bed.
If you’d want a more in-depth look at the features of each mattress, we also have in-depth reviews:
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
You should be able to utilize this latex product as soon as you receive it because it will arrive uncompressed.
A 1-inch wool fire barrier is sewn into the cotton fabric of this 10-inch mattress to help regulate temperature. This bed includes a Gentle Firm side, and a Luxury Plush side that provides a more luxurious experience. It is most comparable to the Dusk Helix mattress if the Gentle Firm mattress is placed on top, so we’ll analyze it as such.
- 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer is the initial layer. This material has 5 zones of support and pressure reduction, which should help alleviate discomfort.
- 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer is housed in the second layer If you’re looking for a mattress that provides bounce and conforms to your body, this Talalay latex material is for you.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer completes the third layer. The upper comfort materials are supported by this component. Pressure relief is expected when the mattress is flipped to the Luxury Plush setting.
- When utilized as the top layer, the 1.5-inch Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer provides a soft and plush sensation.
Six of the nine styles offered by this business are available in a Luxe edition. In order to meet the needs of a specific type of sleeper, each design was created. With the Standard Dusk, we’ll take a closer look at the bed’s architecture, which is designed to accommodate all types of sleeping positions.
Coils, foam, and an alternative to latex are all part of the Dusk’s construction. Right at your doorstep, compressed and packed.
Helix Two Touch Design is a combination of two distinct covers on this 12-inch bed. Polyester is used for the top layer, which is supposed to be plush and inviting. Jersey knit is used for the bottom cover.
- 2 inches of pressure-relieving Helix Dynamic Foam make up the top layer of the mattress. Polyurethane and synthetic latex have been combined to provide a non-latex alternative. A Gel Visco substance is added on top of this to help keep the wearer cool.
- Second, a 1-inch thick High-Grade Polyfoam is used for the second layer. This material is intended to respond to the weight of the sleeper, compressing or pushing back as necessary to relieve pressure and offer support.
- The 8-inch Wrapped Coil method is featured on the third tier. Even motion transfer can be minimized by using a pocketed design and strengthened edges to keep the coils moving with you. The 8-inch coils used in luxury models provide targeted comfort.
- The base layer of 1-inch DurDense Foam is designed to stabilize the higher materials and further reduce vibration from the coils above.
Keep in mind that a lot of the components inside the Helix beds are going to be the same. Each model’s structure, on the other hand, may differ somewhat in order to provide a unique look and feel. Four inches higher, the Luxe will have zoned coils.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
It’s important to know how a mattress will feel before you buy it. Using a scale from 1 to 10, you can choose whether or not a product should have a softer, medium, or firmer feel.
On this scale, Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm mattress is scored a 7 compared to Luxury Plush’s rating of 4. Mattresses can be hard or soft based on the weight, shape, and choice of the occupant. To alleviate pressure in some regions, the upper levels of each side are divided into zones.
As a result of this, Helix’s Standard Dusk has been rated as a 6. On a scale of 1 to 10, this company’s product line ranges from a 2 to a 9. The Dusk should be comfortable to sleep on, as the materials contour to the lumbar region to provide substantial support.
Customers should be able to walk freely about the stores because both brands use materials that are quick to respond, allowing them to remove body impressions quickly. Those who sleep in a variety of positions are likely to benefit from this.
Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm model is ideal for those who need more support, such as people who are larger or have back problems. Weight limits of 300 pounds per person and 500 pounds per couple are recommended by Helix. For those with substantial weight issues, Helix does offer the Plus, which is a Big and Tall variant.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm side should feel like a cradle, while the Luxury Plush side should feel more like an embrace. With its harder beds, Helix provides a mild cuddle, and their softer ones allow the sleeper to relax into a deep embrace.
The modest bounce that the Zenhaven and higher-end Helix models should have, as should the soft variants. Both of these models, however, differ slightly in construction, making it easier for side sleepers to properly position their hips and shoulders.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Because foams absorb energy so well, all-foam beds have historically had low levels of motion transmission. Zenhaven’s latex, on the other hand, is quite springy and has considerable bounce, thus medium motion transfer should be possible. Helix mattresses have deep layers of surface memory foam that are designed to minimize motion transfer, compared to innersprings and hybrids.
Comparing Edge Support
There is a good chance that the latex in the Zenhaven mattress will be sturdy enough to allow customers to lie on the mattress’s edges without sinking too deeply or feeling like they could fall out of bed. Helix mattresses provide more support at the corners and edges, which helps it to have a smooth surface feel throughout its construction. Helix may be a good option if you’re looking for better edge support.
Zenhaven vs. Helix Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Two covers, one polyester, one Jersey knit|
|Materials||Talalay latex||High-grade poly foam, micro coils, memory foam, dynamic foam|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Breathable construction, optional cooling cover|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradling/Deeper Hug|
|Warranty||20 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||180 nights||100 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Ships within the United States and Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||Helix Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or Helix?
So far, you’ve had a chance to see how each product is put together and how it feels in your hands. But what does that imply for you personally? We’ve outlined the most important aspects of each product below, and we’ve also included ideas for anyone who might be interested in it. Learn which mattress is ideal for you by reading on.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Double-sided feel. It’s possible to flip this mattress to get a different level of firmness on either side.
- Zoned comfort. While providing support to various parts of the body, the upper layers have zones that are designed to alleviate pressure where it builds up the greatest.
- Latex with good bounce. If you’re searching for a mattress made entirely of foam, but yet want it to respond quickly and have strong bounce, this is the bed for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Helix if You are Looking for:
- Guided, preference-based customization. Customers can take a self-guided questionnaire to see which products are most suited to their individual needs.
- Multiple comfort options. There are nine levels of comfort, as well as six Luxe options. Different types of sleepers and sleeping positions require different mattresses.
- A hybrid with great motion control. Memory foam materials should sink in and relieve pressure, while the coils should bounce and support. Motion transmission from restless co-sleepers should be reduced by the foam.
Zenhaven vs Helix Comparison
|The ZenHaven Mattress||The Helix Mattress|
|Height||10 inches||10 inches|
|Firmness||Plush or medium-firm depends on the side chosen.||Available in the firm, medium & soft|
|Breathability||Good||Good (especially with the Ultra Cool cover)|
|Trial Period||120 nights||100 Night Sleep Trial|
|Warranty||20 Year Warranty||10 Year Warranty|
|Shipping||Free white glove delivery||Free shipping for USA. $250 shipping fees for Canada.|
The ZenHaven mattress and the Helix mattress are two quite distinct products, despite the fact that they are both excellent choices. An all-latex mattress such as the ZenHaven is designed for those who prefer the comfort and benefits that come with them. When you flip the mattress over, you’ll notice two different levels of firmness. It’s possible to extend the life of a mattress by switching between the mattress’s two sides, so long as both are pleasant for your sleeping habits.
As far as mattresses go, the Helix mattress has a lot to offer when it comes to variety. You’re likely to find a Helix bed that meets your demands among the 15 mattress alternatives that are available. For those who are completely unfamiliar with the process of purchasing a mattress, the sleep quiz is a great place to start.